Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Nursing

Options
  • 07-10-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on how to get into Veterinary Nursing? I did my Leaving Cert a number of years ago and got 385. I do not have any experience with animals but I love them! I'm going to try and do some volunteer work with one of the shelters if I can. I have alot of receptionist experience. I know that UCD, LYIT and AIT do courses on it but I really need to know how to go about applying etc. or could I even apply with 385 points. Also, I did Home Economice and no other science subject, does that matter?

I would really be greatful for any advice.

Also, do any of the collges provide placement or do you organise this yourself?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 josieo

st johns college in cork city do a vet nursing course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I don't know much about applying to AIT, DKIT and letterkenny (i think). UCD, you have to have some experience as a mature student. Its great that you have reception skills cause there are reception duties involved.

The course in st. johns college, in cork is recognised by the veterinary council of ireland. Im hoping to do it next year. I was told that it fills up fast, so i have my college application in already.

Definately get some work at a shelter. I do a day's voluntary work each week and i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 less_than_b

hi i need some help im a mature student and thinking of applying to vet nursing diploma or degree in ucd but don't know if ill be accepted i have loads of experiene workin wit animals since i was like 15, stables, pet stores, kennels and also worked in Botswana doing animal research for 4 months. i did do my leaving ert but may as well not have considering my points i received but since i have recieved a distinction in canine psychology and behavior certificate and am now doin a cert coarse in ecology and equine studies which i hope to get a distinction in too but im not sure if these will be what they would be looking for in a mature student applicant. help i'm not sure if i should try send application and risk rejection, i'm trying to get some work experience but i'm living in mayo at the moment and the vets are all full up. Any advice would be great thanks!

Advertisement