Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I lost my "wallet" to the Limerick Girl

Options
  • 07-10-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

anyone heard this on Youtube? 98fm did it. No doubt some of the chip on the shoulder brigade will be incredulous, but its actually quite funny :D sorry i cant link to it, dont have youtube in work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its "I lost my car to a Limerick Girl"

"and I ask you friend... whats a fella to do? She had dyed blond hair and a tracksuit too"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

oh ya its car!!! my bad! i heard it last night for the first time. Very funny stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Liam79 wrote: »
    anyone heard this on Youtube? 98fm did it. No doubt some of the chip on the shoulder brigade will be incredulous, but its actually quite funny :D sorry i cant link to it, dont have youtube in work

I can't really say i find that in anyway funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

foinse wrote: »
    I can't really say i find that in anyway funny.

A boring lazy attempt really, a 5 year old could have written that. Didn't make me laugh once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I don't find it funny. I'm not offended by it or anything because it's Limerick but it's nearly as cringeworthy as the Munster songs that are put on the radio everytime Munster get to a final/semi (95fm?)
    Though nothing can be that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah its not offensive at all, just humour for the mentally inept! :D I thankfully don't listen to 95fm anymore, so have been spared the horror of their rugby songs. Although with what passes for quality in that studio, I can only imagine how horrifically cringe inducing they must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

Well, it's hardly Noel Coward. If they gave it some thought and just added some wit, it might have been funny (even to Limerick people). As it is, it's just tedious and insulting. Hey, Limerick girls steal cars and stab people--end of joke? Try changing the word Limerick to, say, Nigerian or Polish...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, the irony - a radio station in the heart of jackeen land singing about skangers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wilkinson17

Zulu wrote: »
    Shit.
    x2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

That sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

tis as old as methuselah's fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

I'm not offended or anything but I didnt find it funny. Even if they replaced Limerick with any other county it still wouldn't be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Liam79 wrote: »

What age is your brain operating at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Saddest thing about that is that Dermot Whelan, one of the guys on 98fm's breakfast show, is a Limerick man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

i'd like it if it was done better

Advertisement