Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent haircuts, not necassarily cheap in Limerick city

• 07-10-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Anyone any good recommendations? I know we had the cheapest haircut thread, but if you actually want a specific hairstyle and not just a "take it off boss" job, where would you recommend.

There's one guy I go to but he can be a bit pricey, €20, but seeing as I only get my haircut every few months, it's not so bad.

People might give out about this price, but would spend it on drink, and pi55 it up against a wall just as quick...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Da Vincis on Thomas Street and ask for Darren. 16 euro for a wash and cut. He takes his time and does it properly. He does a great job. I'm up there Saturday morning at 830 when it hair-cut time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

noted. I'm due to get mine cut this saturday too! :)

is it offensive to others working there if you ask for one particular person....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

seachto7 wrote: »
    noted. I'm due to get mine cut this saturday too! :)

is it offensive to others working there if you ask for one particular person....

No they are well used to it, most people that go in will wait for their favourite barber and noone has an issue with it.

I always ask for Darren, even if it means a longer wait. No knock against the other lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Hi, said I may as well use this thread, can anyone recommend a good barber (or hairstylist) that might be good at recommending me a nice hairstyle/haircut. I want a decent hairstyle but not one that

a: needs gel during the week,
    b: looks metro or attention seeking
    c: is too long

Its probably a big ask , but I guess Im just sick of the old 1 back and sides and short trim on top.
    I am always more comfortable with ever so slightly longer hair, but would much prefer a decent style which is still kind of modest when it is actually longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I go to Figaros on bedford row. Its expensive, but Sarah in there is top class for cuts, as Is Brian. they'll help you settle on new styles, and take their time to get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I used to go to Figaros and they do a good job but they kept hiking up the prices and looked elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Firefox10 wrote: »
    I used to go to Figaros and they do a good job but they kept hiking up the prices and looked elsewhere.
    I went elsewhere after a while when Sarah was out on maternity, but I couldnt find a cut I was happy with, now she's back i've gone back, and the cuts are still fantastic. But yeah, prices can be mad there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

hey zuroph,when you say expensive how much do you mean? They sound appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I normally use this crowd myself, find them very good.

http://www.retrobarbers.ie/index.html

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement