Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Trailers- Legal and safe?

• 07-10-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Stopped at lights this morning ,I noticed a land cruiser beside me towing a builders trailer loaded up with ladders and gas bottles. Attached to the back of the trailer (which had another tow bar) was a small tow-along trailer or generator.
    So the man had his own little roadtrain!
    Is towing two trailers legal? If it is it surely can't be safe. Why dosn't he get stopped?
    No number plate or functioning lights on the back of the trailer either, but that goes for around 80% of trailers i see anyway.
    If you do see a number plate it usually refers to a different vehicle to the one drawing the trailer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have seen that also. A trailer and a mini trailer with a gas cutting set on it.
    Not sure about regs but I wouldn't like to try reversing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I had a search through the rules of the roads and found nothing that really says yes or no to multiple trailers.

The only read indication is in the licence section where for all the E ones it states:
    Combinations of vehicles and trailers

trailers being plural which would indicate you are allowed more than one.

I reckon its juts one of those things where we don't really have proper rules in place.

Advertisement