Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening on the Dyke Rd?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭

Big mobile crane, digger(s) and some trucks doing something on the Dyke Road just beside the underpass for the N6 ring road.

Anyone know what's happening? I'm in NUIG at the moment and can see them but have a crap view because I'm over the other side of the river. I'm such a curious so and so...:D

Please god do not let it be that link road from the Dyke Road up onto the bridge that they were considering doing a while back. That will be a disaster if it ever happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are doing a lot of work in the Waterworks building. Maybe that's it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Dyke Rd, wouldn't happen to be near Gay Boulevard would it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

get your coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

BennyLava wrote: »
    Dyke Rd, wouldn't happen to be near Gay Boulevard would it?:D

No, but it's beside the Black Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Is that near Woodquay is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

"The smelly Black Box on the Dyke Road" - That one always gets me :D

They were doing some work tidying up the lands between the Dyke Road/River but can't see why they'd need a crane, so prob not related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 banthebrick

They're drilling a hole under the corrib for new esb cables. its going 60feet under the river bed apparently. it'll be coming up near the front of the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They're drilling a hole under the corrib for new esb cables. its going 60feet under the river bed apparently. it'll be coming up near the front of the gym.

Weird, considering that the last lines that they laid were laid accross the river bed.... You can see them on a bright day (just downstream of the bridge) - At low water they're only 4ft under the water - I genuinly thought i'd snag them the odd time :eek:

Advertisement