Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beshoffs O'Connell st

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here find the standard of fish & chips dropped considerably in the last 6 months ?

I used to be regular up to recently but ever since the unnecessary renovations before the summer the food served up has been muck.

Was there at lunchtime today and won't be back soon!
    The fish was overcooked in some hardened batter not like the days of olde when it would just crumble in your mouth.

Gonna send an email and let them know what I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive only been there twice. First time it was lovely, Second time I said never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Mate of mine goes there weekly, and says the same thing. Reckons the standard has dropped like a rock. I haven't been in a while myself. Must pop in and suss it out. Terrible shame if they've let things slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Burdocks ftw.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lord lucan wrote: »
    Burdocks ftw.:)

fuscardi on capel street ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Home made chips ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Beshoff's is terrible. Burdock's is terrible. I've eaten in both a few times and have always left wondering why. Burdock's chips are always soggy. I'll never go back. There is a chipper up in Kimmage called Capri. It's the most consistent chipper I've ever eaten from - lovely, crispy, fluffy chips - and the fish is always covered with beautifully fresh, crisp batter. If, however, you want the best chips that money can buy - make them yourself. Triple-cooked, home-made chips may take a while, but they simply cannot be beaten. There's any amount of recipes out there on the web. Check them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Beshoff's is terrible. Burdock's is terrible. I've eaten in both a few times and have always left wondering why. Burdock's chips are always soggy. I'll never go back. There is a chipper up in Kimmage called Capri. It's the most consistent chipper I've ever eaten from - lovely, crispy, fluffy chips - and the fish is always covered with beautifully fresh, crisp batter. If, however, you want the best chips that money can buy - make them yourself. Triple-cooked, home-made chips may take a while, but they simply cannot be beaten. There's any amount of recipes out there on the web. Check them out!

a few pints in the boat then a 1 'n 1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Ah - the Stoneboat. I've had a few in there down the years alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fuscardi on capel street ftw

Close second to Burdocks,they do a mean snack box too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Burger King do a nice whay tasty ball of chicken now and again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement