Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap Siezed up

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

The hot tap in my bathroom has siezed up, can only quarter turn the tap and no water is flowing. I'm not a fan of plumbing and dont fancy having water spray everywhere. What do you reckon is the problem, will I need a new tap or can this one be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

RedRag wrote: »
    Hi all,

The hot tap in my bathroom has siezed up, can only quarter turn the tap and no water is flowing. I'm not a fan of plumbing and dont fancy having water spray everywhere. What do you reckon is the problem, will I need a new tap or can this one be fixed?

Thanks
    Call a plumber If you can't/won't do it why not pay someone who can?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedRag

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Call a plumber If you can't/won't do it why not pay someone who can?

Good info thanks! :rolleyes:

I'm well capable of replacing a tap I just don't like plumbing, just wanted to see if this has happened anyone else, can the tap be freed up or is a new one required.

I'm not gonna pay anyone cos its rented accomodation, landlord takes his time getting to this sort of stuff, would rather get it sorted quickly rather than wait around for landlord to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It sounds like the taps reviver. Depending on weather the whole unit is seized up or not its normally a simple job to replace. Just go into a plumbers providers and tell them you need a 1/2" tap spindle or a 3/4" bath spindle which ever one it is. They looking at it you can decide if its a job you would attempt. Personally I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedRag

Thanks for the info Joey, if landlord hasn't got a move on by the weekend i'll give it a go. Sick of shaving with cold water.

Advertisement