Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device Driver Update

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Im currently trying to update a device in device manager.

The device is under storage controllers.

Its called - ABA6OVYW IDE Controller

In the properties under driver heading im getting the following

Driver Provider: Unknown
    Driver Date: Not available
    Driver Version: Not available
    Digital Signer: Not digital signed.

Im trying to update it but cant as cant identify it.
    Or if anyone has any info on it please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Unknown Device Identifier might do the job?.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

go to the mobo makers website, you should find a storage controller drive there under chipset usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

I have tried both to no avail.

I have uninstalled the device to see what conflicts will arise and there was none.

Then went back into device manager and its there again without been reinstalled plus has different code at start.

Then uninstalled it again and it did same thing reinstalled with different code??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Can you give us some more details on your HW config?. Is it a server or a pc?.
    Hard drives, raid cards?.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Its a dell xps m1330

HD: 160GB (5, 400 RPM) SATA HARD DRIVE
    Drive: 8XDVD+/-RW SLIM SLOT-LOAD DRIVE

Its under Storage Controllers in the device manager

"A2GNVK92" IDE Controller

The serial changes at every boot up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

I think it may be a cd emulator you have installed. Daemon tools, Alcohol and similar. They create a virtual ide or scsi controller to provide virtual drives for accessing disk images. It will still be there even if all the drives have been removed/disabled.

It should be something like that, anyway theres no need to update the drivers for it anyway.

A good way to figure out whats what on your system is to use device manager's view devices by connection, you'll see if theres any virtual drives hosted by it.

Advertisement