Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Electric Racing in Summerhill

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

ORCA, best known for running nitro racing at St.Annes Park in Dublin is delighted to annouce it will cater for electric cars over the winter with the establishment of a new indoor series to be held in Summerhill, Co. Meath. Racing will be open to 1:10 Touring Cars (10.5 motors), 1:12 Spec (10.5 Motors) and Tamiya Minis (M03 or M05 chassis using standard kit eletronics).

All levels of drivers are welcome to come along and join in the action with huge interest already from both experienced and novice drivers. If you've ever played with the idea of giving rc racing a go this is a great opprtunity to get started with the Tamiya Minis being an ideal entry level class.

ORCA Indoor Racing Calender

25/10/2009 11am to 4pm
    22/11/2009 11am to 4pm
    20/12/2009 11am to 4pm
    3/01/2010 11am to 4pm
    17/01/2010 11am to 4pm
    31/01/2010 11am to 4pm
    14/02/2010 11am to 4pm
    28/02/2010 11am to 4pm
    14/03/2010 11am to 4pm
    28/03/2010 11am to 4pm
    11/04/2010 11am to 4pm
    25/04/2010 11am to 4pm

If you have any questions please feel free to drop me an e-mail. I will post further details here shortly.

Regards,

Oisin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Video of the Tamiya Minis in action -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYJvtWoZPw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GRF

Hey there,
    hows that working out. :D

im looking for ppl or places that I can race, not pro like you guys, just some free run.
    I dont have a traxxas Bandit vxl, i know its not the type you guys run, but maybe there is some ppl that also has some different rcs and like to do some free run somewhere around dublin?
    Maybe the ppl that goes to Taney Parish Hall would be able to tell better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

GRF , unfortunately you are not going to find any really free racing there is always going to be a cost if you run with any clubs. The would rely on the day registrations and membership fees to pay for the halls they rent, insurance, trophies, equipment etc etc..
    Be a shame if people are put of racing because they may think guys are pro. Many of the lads racing in it are the pitmen and father of the drivers who race the on-road in St-Annes. Their first time behind the sticks. Everyone starts some where and there is always something new to learn.
    This Tamiya mini class is one of the cheapest classes to start with and because all the cars are stock it brings racing to a level'ish playing field, a little bit of practice and anyone should be capable of the top finals. just for fun to give people a break from the serious racing during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Any info on the exact location of the meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

http://www.orcaireland.ie/index.php/news.html

3rd article down, google map and everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement