Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy hipflask in Galway

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a hipflask in Galway? Nothing too fancy, just a cheap one to hold a naggin of vodka for a concert I'm going to.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

that key cutting shop in eyre square shopping center - opposite the milkshake place.

they also do zippo lighters if you're interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Duffys on Mainguard st:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

Harvest across from the fire station had them. but have a look around off licences etc for free ones with drink promos. thats how i got my nice jameson one, which is usually full of.... yep, Jameson! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnchormanSL

I got one about 2/3 months ago in Duffys.Nice enough,does the job BUT I would not risk bringing it to a concert.Just buy a naggin and try and sly it in.No point in getting your new hipflask taken too.

And while we're on the topic,if your bringing it out in town avoid Karma and CP's is all about timing.They've started searching with metal detectors but once it gets busy,not everyone gets checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

only noticed one in the €2 shop the last day :)

2nd isle over from the cheap sweets, near the couter

• Advertisement

I got my one in Duffys, think I paid about 10 or 12euro for it and its served me well so far although I'm starting to get a bit too confident now I'm so used to it, e.g pouring out drink at the bar(obviously keeping it below the bar out of sight):D. Its the 7oz one you will need to hold a naggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

There are a lot of Jack Daniels ones floating about from when they were given out for free, why not put a [wanted] ad on adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

if duffys is the fishing shop down from the kings head then yeah go there! i bought a hip flask for a mate in there before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Get a naggin of malibu for the gig, its plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yea i noticed this when i bought one recently and i found it rather odd!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

malibu............oh dear.......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'd rather drink a naggin of dogs píss tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol if you're bringing a naggin of booze to a gig you shouldn't be worried about your palate. Its a safety thing, I'd rather have a plastic naggin than a glass one, or an expensive metal hipflask which could be lifted/lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

dartsfan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a hipflask in Galway? Nothing too fancy, just a cheap one to hold a naggin of vodka for a concert I'm going to.

Thanks!
    try powells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

And while we're on the topic,if your bringing it out in town avoid Karma and CP's is all about timing.They've started searching with metal detectors but once it gets busy,not everyone gets checked.

Sorry to go off topic for a minute. Did they start that after Kieran Cunningham (R.I.P.) was stabbed in Eyre Square? I haven't been to a club in a good long while. Its long overdue unfortunately (searching customers), the amount of knives being carried in town is shocking.

+1 for Duffy's btw, nice ones in there.

Advertisement