Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice your Gaeilge !!

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Dia Dhuit,

I am looking to start up a regular group of people who are interested in speaking as Gaeilge in a relaxed setting. I was thinking a pub during the week might work. I know this used to happen in Ryans before but I think it's finished now. All levels would be welcome as I am certainly not fluent but would like to be. It would be great to practice what we have and maybe learn something new at the same time. A good excuse for a drink aswell. I have put it out there .........................

Slan
    Patrick

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Á Padraig, tá mé isteach :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

If you could do it on a Friday/Saturday night I'd love to take part but unfortunately those are the only days I'm in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Cool! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Go hiontach. How about people put down the days that suit them aswell. Any ideas for a location would be great too. I was thinking the worlds end !:D

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Tisn't called the World's End anymore...Now it's called the 4-In-A-Row Bar.

• Advertisement

You are 100% correct. I was being a little bit sarcastic about the worlds end or the four in a row bar which it is now cleverly known as.:) Looks like we will have a group of people after all. I know a couple of others who are up for it. Suggestions for nights and places welcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

brettmirl wrote: »
    Tisn't called the World's End anymore...Now it's called the 4-In-A-Row Bar.

And Maggies isn't called Maggies, The Coo hasn't been Itchycoo Park since the middle ages. It will always be the Worlds End in my eyes, it was a more suitable name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

jerseyeire wrote: »
    And Maggies isn't called Maggies, The Coo hasn't been Itchycoo Park since the middle ages. It will always be the Worlds End in my eyes, it was a more suitable name :D

It'll always be the Perch to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Damn fickle pub

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Maith thu padjo. Taim ar bord. Taim soar ar oiche Cheadaoin. Cad faoi Little andys? Ta ceol tradisiunta ar suil oiche cheadaoin i little andys?

• Advertisement

Agus ta an guinness thar barr!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ádh mór ort leis an grúpa.

I started something similar here in Waterford a few years ago - If you're ever around the city, pop in and say hello - we meet every Thursday night in the Gingerman bar at 9PM ish

Any word on this?

Little Andys seo Cheadoin ar a naoi a chlog?

Ta me ar ais. Little andys seo Cheadaoin ar a naoi a chlog sounds good. Ill be there. An bhfuil suim ag aon duine eile ?

Dont think i'll make it this week but i should be able to the week after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is there anywhere in Kilkenny [or Carlow if need be] I can go to learn Gaelige? [or Gaelic as we spell it Stateside] I would love to learn it.

I'm also out for this week, but next week should be OK.

Advertisement