Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prenatal fitness classes in Dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi girls,

am back again. Hope all of you have been doing great...
    I am going through my 15th week now so things are getting a bit different again..
    Now I am wondering.. Does any of you know anything about prenatal fitness classes.. I mean.. I live in South Dublin close to Dundrum shopping centre so looking for somewhere convenient but can't find anything on the net or localy.. I would not even mind to drive outside my area if I knew the certain class was good and worth the travel.
    Did any of you attend prenatal fitness classes and were they good?
    Look forward to hear from yous...
    Thanks a mill.
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

www.umamma.ie do a couple of different classes. They are based in Kilmacanogue so not too much of a distance.

Personally I've found swimming very good, its really helped with the stretching pains and its a gentle exercise recommended in pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi,
    Anyone know of anything like this in Cork? Would love a suitable Yoga or Pilates class! I'm based on the south side of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

You can do yoga in Holles St from 20 weeks. I'm starting there next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I started yoga locally last week. Its great, really relaxing! Can't wait til tomorrows class :)

Who is teaching it in Holles st? How much is it there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I started yoga locally last week. Its great, really relaxing! Can't wait til tomorrows class :)

Who is teaching it in Holles st? How much is it there?

I actually have no idea who is teaching there :-)
    It's 60 euro for 6 weeks, once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

fi1979 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone know of anything like this in Cork? Would love a suitable Yoga or Pilates class! I'm based on the south side of the city.

Hi I'm 18 weeks and doing normal aqua aerobics classes in Leisureworld in bishopstown. Also doing Pilates in Frankfield just beside bull mcabes on way up to airport. Its Physiopilates just google it and you'll get the details. I've done 2 courses with them already during my pregnancy. they are qualified physios who run the classes espec for ante-natal care. Have found them really good and arms and legs all nicely toned. Won't know about the pelvic floor until the time comes!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

hey the pilates sounds great, and a good location too. I'm just days off the 18 weeks myself, might see you there!

Advertisement