Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android For Meteor!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

iknorr wrote: »
    has anyone heard anything new about the hero?

the HTC rep was around today. she didn't really offer anything new, i think she was a bit scared by some of the technical questions that were fired at her by the lads in store.

it's a nicer looking handset in the flesh than i had envisaged - that's about all i have to contribute. . .everyone who's interested will know the tech specs already

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Im quite sad to read this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭iknorr

The prices for HTC Hero on meteor Connect 25/20 are now posted here

I heard the same about some rep being in meteor also. Apparently he only had the phone for 2 days before he went "showing it off" to the staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

woop wrote: »
    Im quite sad to read this thread

check this out it might help:

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Make-Yourself-Happy&id=257628 :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

For the surf plan, the cost will be €129 less €30 with a trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

I have a couple of questions..

I've been using the magic for the last few months, when the hero launches does this mean i can start using the paid apps from the market?

Also, i cant get my APN settings for mms working.. can any1 help me with these? The lads in the shop say everything is entered in right but i cant get it to work?

I'd really appreciate any help
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

C-Shore wrote: »
    when the hero launches does this mean i can start using the paid apps from the market?
    I would expect so, yes.

Also, i cant get my APN settings for mms working.. can any1 help me with these? The lads in the shop say everything is entered in right but i cant get it to work?
    I can't answer this, try posting a thread on the Meteor forum, they are quite helpful...

#http://forums.meteor.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd really appreciate any help
    :)

Ooooh, I know this. Give me a few minutes and I'll get it forwarded to my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It annoys me how they charge less for people porting their number across than their loyal customers.

I wonder could I port on a monday to a different network and port back on the wednesday? :D

Connect25 + trade in = €99.99, not bad! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Cheers chrislad that would be brilliant..

I've tried the advice on every thread and still cant get it working, theres a thread that lists the data and mms apn settings but only hav my data connection up n running.. mms doesnt?

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »
    It annoys me how they charge less for people porting their number across than their loyal customers.

I wonder could I port on a monday to a different network and port back on the wednesday? :D

Connect25 + trade in = €99.99, not bad! :p

Iv done it with a new number on O2. just registered on o2...then went into meteor shop & ported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I have seen the HSPDA "H" on my girlfriend's W910i on Meteor, jfyi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cheers chrislad that would be brilliant..

I've tried the advice on every thread and still cant get it working, theres a thread that lists the data and mms apn settings but only hav my data connection up n running.. mms doesnt?

Try this

Correcting the MMS issue
    1.****** After inserting the SIM and entering the PIN, the phone will ask first if you want to set up your email accounts / social networking accounts (facebook etc.). Please select skip or select no when prompted to carry out these steps, and you will be taken to the home screen.
    2.****** On the home screen, press the up arrow ^ just to the left of the word ‘Phone’. This brings up the main menu.
    3.****** Use the track ball to scroll down to ‘Settings’, and use the touch screen to select ‘Settings’.
    4.****** Scroll down to ‘Wireless Controls’ and select it.
    5.****** Scroll down to ‘Mobile Network Settings’ and select it.
    6.****** Scroll down to ‘Access Point Names’ and select it.
    7.****** Select Meteor Data.
    8.****** Scroll down to ‘APN type’ and select it
    9.****** Manually type in the word ‘default’ and select ‘ok’
    10.** You can now send and receive MMS messages

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddy2k

Baza210 wrote: »
    I have seen the HSPDA "H" on my girlfriend's W910i on Meteor, jfyi.

Never saw it on my w910i
    However got my Hero on Friday and HSDPA does work. It's an amazing phone.

Has anyone else had issues using the home screen Twitter client to work over 3G?

i got issues with my wifi..... it wont connect on encrypted wpa only none encrypted tkip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

From looking at the meteor website and the "is coming to meteor" sign that's still there, i take it the hero's not out yet??

iknorr - do you have a data package? I used to have connection issues with wifi sporadically, but since i got a data package i find i don't actually need wifi anymore. Id count myself as a relatively heavy data user and would struggle to hit 400mb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

From looking at the meteor website and the "is coming to meteor" sign that's still there, i take it the hero's not out yet??

iknorr - do you have a data package? I used to have connection issues with wifi sporadically, but since i got a data package i find i don't actually need wifi anymore. Id count myself as a relatively heavy data user and would struggle to hit 400mb...
    its in the stores, just not online yet (they should at least have the info on it, even if they can't sort out online ordering for it yet - poor form from Meteor)

Yup i got mine. Theres only about 5-10 handsets in each store....

I have the data package. i think i found the problem with the wifi. Ill confirm and post if here later.

Advertisement