Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LINGUISTICS urgent help needed!!!!

Options
  • 07-10-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

im a studend doing linguistics,phonology! and am doing very badly,i need help with this assignment!!i really dont wanna fail!! :( please help!!!

i would be soo happy if anyone could help me!!
    thank you!!!!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

listen relax!! first off my advice is please believe me when i say the linguistics department are soooo nice. please go to your tutor or lecture (im assuming its maire?) and tell them your struggling. ive done it to all the lectureres about a million times and they are always always helpful. maybe email them first or call in to arrange a time that suits them best to talk. they have office hours put aside for things like this so just find out what they are and go then. they will help you out and even give you more time if you need it. they arent too strict on deadlines in the department as long as you dont take them for granted and push your luck.

everyone always things ling is really hard until they get assignments and exam results back and see they always get a's and b's so just stick with it!!

its been so long since iv done phonology i really cant remember the stuff that well so i really reccommend goin to the lecturer about it ..... but.... it looks to me as if it has ATR spreading but notice that i and u dont have a -ATR version to go to so thats where something funny starts to happen and ya have to work out whats goin on there in the second to sections. sorry im not much more help but iv completely forgot all this stuff and ya would really have to start writin it all out to get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hellojello

Definatly go to your lecturer! I presume its Maire for that module? They will help you with anything! :)

Advertisement