Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should extra bandwidth cost.

Options
  • 07-10-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I am working in a school in Co. Roscommon we get our 1mb broadband from lastmile. Under the national broadband scheme we get this free. Its not really sufficent for our needs. What should I reasonably expect to pay for each additional mb if I choose to buy additional bandwidth.

Who would you recommend? The eircom exchange in this town is broadband enabled and we are about 400m from it.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The school bb scheme is not the same as the national Bb Scheme.

Lots and lots of schools have been transferred to DSL in the past few years under the schools bb scheme .

There is a schools BB helpdesk in Dublin. Contact them and hassle the bejasus out of them. If you are near an exchange you normally get 7.6mbits ( ie within a mile by road ) but make sure the school passes the DSL line check first see http://www.imagine.ie/ for a line checker

Advertisement