Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on tenant squatting in my home

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

bSlick wrote: »
    But I still don't see a tenant who has been acting illegally in breaking a lease and who owes thousands in rent, wanting to bring official attention unto themselves. Even if by some small chance they did plan to do that, they would still find themselves living in a house without any electricity while the issue gets sorted, which they know could take weeks/months. No member of a modern society could put up with no electricity for more than a few days.

By far the most likely course of action is that they will just move out and try and find some place to live rent free without the hassle.
    Based on what, your experience?
    I've seen this pan out to some people i know that were being illegally evicted in Galway about 15 years ago.
    The landlord had cut electricity due to non-payment of rent.
    They got a solicitor and took the landlord to court and won a fairly generous settlement, something like 400£ each.

Best advice is to keep it legal.

I would like to point out tho, that the OP is very vague on the important stuff:
    Ive already been to adjudication with the PRTB who were a waste of time - they told me I should leave the tenant there and hope he leaves at the end of his lease.
    I wonder if there was a reason they said that.
    There's more to this story to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

put his head in a blender

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

On that note- thread closed.
    OP- if you want to discuss this again- PM me and I'll reopen the thread.

S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement