Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting shutter AND aperture priority...

• 07-10-2009 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have a Canon EOS450D - I am taking photos in a lightbox and am having difficulty with keeping both shutter and aperture priority - I set the Shutter Speed (Tv) but the camera still changes the aperture for each photo and is changing it so that each photo is coming out in different lightness/darkness - if I change the aperture (Av) then it automatically keeps changing the shutter speed and the same thing happens - ever photo is coming out differently...I have been having to get the photos similar using curves/levels but this is taking up unecessary time.

...apologies if this is very straightforward to fix - I have read around but nothing seems to explain how to do what I want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Set it to manual and change the settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

It sounds like the camera is operating in shutter priority Mode or aperture priority mode. To have control of both it prob needs to be in manual mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GCOS

Ok that was simple! Thanks! Was too focused on the bloody Av and Tv...thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Lol, don't worry everyone has to walk up that same learning curve.

Advertisement