Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RISK getting caught on the train to belfast?

• 07-10-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Thinking of going up north to buy alot of alcohol, thought the train was the best Idea, any chance i could get caught trying to get it back to dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Emmmm.....you're allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Oo

Caught? By whom?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Emmmm.....you're allowed.
    As long as it's for personal consumption. If you're planning to resell it without paying duty, that would be illegal. But the people who catch you at that are unlikely to be on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

so long as i dont get a random search. your only aloud 10L of vodka, thats the problem, i want 20L :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Swaine55 wrote: »
    so long as i dont get a random search. your only aloud 10L of vodka, thats the problem, i want 20L :D

Bring a freind and a take 10L each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Me and my mates go up a lot on the train. I've never had a problem, or even seen someone who could cause a problem. And we always get more than 10L of spirits each

Swaine55 wrote: »
    your only aloud 10L of vodka
    Not true. They won't challenge you if you're carrying 10L or less. You can have 20 but you may be asked to prove it's for personal consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

BeerNut wrote: »
    You can have 20 but you may be asked to prove it's for personal consumption.

Take out an old AA badge from years ago ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

drive in car to newry and fill your boots. there is never anyone checked coming back into ireland. I know a publican who buys spirits up there when they are on special as they are cheaper than a wholesaler here by a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

How do you prove 20L of spirits are for personnel use?
    Even when it is....

Arcto wrote: »
    How do you prove 20L of spirits are for personnel use?
    Have a better story than "I just wanted 20L of spirits". I know with vans crossing the Channel with wine for a wedding it's standard practice to have a wedding invitation with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

drive in car to newry and fill your boots. there is never anyone checked coming back into ireland. I know a publican who buys spirits up there when they are on special as they are cheaper than a wholesaler here by a lot.

Is *that* legal? (I think I sort of know the answer already..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 joemccarthy6

i was up in belfast for a weekend lately and i filled my boot with drink for my own use and drove back down, no prob, i will be going up again in the new year for more.p.g.:D

Amalgam wrote: »
    Is *that* legal? (I think I sort of know the answer already..)
    No, that's not legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

BeerNut wrote: »
    Have a better story than "I just wanted 20L of spirits". I know with vans crossing the Channel with wine for a wedding it's standard practice to have a wedding invitation with you.

Time for a fake wedding methinks! :D

You wouldn't be the first, I'd say :D

Advertisement