Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 not recieving texts from 3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Rsaeire wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Of course you did.

dosen't take a genius, just asked me auld pal google:)

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,500,000 for o2 problems. (0.19 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Have read the posts I thought I'd chime in and post what I know about this.

While Vodafone, Meteor, and O2 all have SMS interoperability contracts in place. 3 does not have one with O2

3 also does not send text messages to 80% of the German population,
    as it only has an agreement with com+ or some such mobile operator.

It means I can't text my brother in Berlin, so I end up paying for expensive voice calls.

T-Square wrote: »

While Vodafone, Meteor, and O2 all have SMS interoperability contracts in place. 3 does not have one with O2

Are you sure you don't mean 3 and tesco, there's a dispute there alright but it's dosen't effect the relationship with o2 as far as i'm aware, in theroy and usually in pratice there's no problem with o2 and 3 but o2 are having problems latley, hearing a lot about fuzzy lines (data interferance), text problems, internet problems etc. 3 customer shouldn't really be concerned as their network is not at fault but people on o2 should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dosen't take a genius, just asked me auld pal google:)

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,500,000 for o2 problems. (0.19 seconds)

I guess you're right, there are an awful lot few problems when you check Google.

Just a quick question though, did you happen to ask your "auld pal" how many problems 3 mobile have? Of course you didn't, so why don't you let me enlighten you.

Results 1 - 10 of about 304,000,000 for 3 mobile problems. (0.19 seconds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,420,000 for arse problems. (0.18 seconds)

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    why don't you let me enlighten you.

lol, i didn't think you'd check.....did u google that on your iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

lol, i didn't think you'd check.....did u google that on your iphone

Your comment just goes to show how little attention you pay to other users on Boards you inebriated simian. :rolleyes:

Back on topic.

SteeveSmith, I'm glad that your issue is resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

T-Square wrote: »

While Vodafone, Meteor, and O2 all have SMS interoperability contracts in place. 3 does not have one with O2.
    You obviously dont know too much. This thread is about O2 Ireland and 3 Ireland and nothing else. The problem with the text was on O2's side and has been fixed. Apart from this issue there is no problem sending text's between O2 Irl and 3 Irl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 muffles6012

I'm on the 3 mobile network and none of my texts are being recieved by O2 contacts.

I can send fine to vodafone.
    Anyone else having this problem and know why? Or how to fix?
    I have been having this problem with o2 the last 2 months since I came back in the country. they are still 'investigating' it... Most of my family are on the 3 network and none of their texts get through to me but they can text others on the o2 network no problem. IT is really frustrating.

Advertisement