Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin docklands

Options
  • 07-10-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Would dearly love to buy a house in Dublin but stamp duty is still too prohibitive.

The only new apartments in the city centre area seem to be the Docklands. Just doing some initial research on what it's like to live there.

Does anyone know anyone living there? What's it like? Are facilities better than they used to be? Are all the apartments affordable housing, or can anyone buy?

Do the apartments have decent balconies/terraces (unlike glorified window boxes that used to pass as balconies).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Be specific, where? Northside or Southside? Which district?

A small number of units are affordable housing(Butlers Court for example), just watch the sky high management fees in all apt complexes.

Docklands is a nice place to live depending on where you are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Maggie Simpson

gurramok wrote: »
    Be specific, where? Northside or Southside? Which district?

A small number of units are affordable housing(Butlers Court for example), just watch the sky high management fees in all apt complexes.

Docklands is a nice place to live depending on where you are!!

Probably southside....areas around Hanover Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i've rented there and while i loved it i don't think i'd buy there. It's not the type of place you can grow into and storage is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I know the area, very nice area as its aimed at the middle class types. Good restaurants as well there. Don't know the apts though to give a view.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bkavanagh

does anyone know what all the trouble was at hanover quay last week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement