Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible. Vodafone related

• 07-10-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey

Thinkin of getting a BB 8520 sim free and putting a vodafone simply sim with a data add on in it. Will this work?? As the main reason i want it is that i need to keep in touch with people in Canada via Blackberry msgner ahead of a possible move over their next year..

Will this work?? Anyone try this??

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont think this will work, you would need to have the BB services setup, which you cant get with a simply sim, needs to be bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Outlawtorn wrote: »
    Hey

Thinkin of getting a BB 8520 sim free and putting a vodafone simply sim with a data add on in it. Will this work?? As the main reason i want it is that i need to keep in touch with people in Canada via Blackberry msgner ahead of a possible move over their next year..

Cheers in advance
    I'm not 100% on this, but you won't get access to the Blackberry BIS or BES services without a Blackberry plan...likewise Blackberry messenger. O2 are the cheapest at €12pm vs €20 for Vodafone for a 1GB BIS addon...

If all you need is internet access then your 8520 will work with an Opera Mini / Live! Browser rather then the Blackberry browser with a data addon as you suggested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Outlawtorn wrote: »
    Hey

Cheers in advance

ISP or Live! data add on will not allow use of Blackberry services. You will need the specific Blackberry add on. I do not for sure how much this costs. I think its around €20 per month. You might want to confirm with VF if they will allow this add on to the Simply tariff.

Advertisement