Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in deal in Gamestop (pre-order) - Where to find games on list.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

With Gamestop offering €30 trade in value on a number of games when placed against a pre order,

http://www.gamestop.ie/PreOrderOffer.asp

I thought it might be a good idea to post links to cheap games online that are on the list. Have done a small bit of research myself, but so far have found only one game that was on the list that was worth buying, giving a saving of €10 when placed against a pre-order.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8055083/Broken-Sword-The-Shadow-Of-The-Templars-Director-Cut/Product.html

Anyone found any other games from the list cheaper online?
    be careful with this trade in deal!!!!

terms and conditions apply so when they get enough of one game they drop the trade in prices through the floor!!

robbing bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ull end up paying €10 more for any game you buy so its kinda pointless
    wouldnt even consider it unless i got a game for €5-10 somewhere
    and even at that would only use it for a console where the price is fairly fixed ala ps3s last month

after a quick glance at the list above, they've got unreleased games listed. To think some people feel bad thinking about the percentage depreciation in buying a new car!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Got fleeced meself today in gamestop tradin in afew PS3 games against Batman for the pc.

Whats the best shop for trade in value? I heard GAME are sposed to be decent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gamestop are just peddling middlemen. Would you not honestly just put your ware up on adverts or ebay or craigslist? Sell lower than Gamestop, and still get more than you would from gamestop - because, they are thieving bastards. /story

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Selling on adverts or ebay would definitely be better, but if you are gonna trade them in, i'd always recommend Xtravision. They generally tend to give more for newer releases, at least in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

the only games i buy these days are racing / footie / multiplayer games (ie shift/fifa/killzone) as you'll get ongoing use from them which justifies the cost (even at that i get them wherever is cheapest or wait a week or 2 til the price goes down)
    for all other games i just rent them from www.gamesenders.ie, €15 a month and i generally will have a game almost 100% by the end of that month. Been playing Batman for 2 weeks, have finished it and am currently on 86% completion. Once i complete the challenges, it would only be gathering dust if id bought it as im unlikely to play it through again.
    id rather that than give it to gamestop though for half nothing to make undeserved profit. I still dont know why games companies havent gone after them for a cut of the huge profits they are making

Advertisement