Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanuts in Pakistani Food

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was just wondering if you guys would know whether peanuts feature at all in pakistani cuisine. I have a peanut allergy, and i may be going there some time soon. I'd just like to know.

Thanks a lot,

_Kar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

When I was there I don't remember noticing any peanuts in the food, although some almonds, but I don't know whether there was any in the food itself. Depending on where you're going, allergies are likely to be very difficult to manage--unless you are going to Lahore or Karachi you are I think going to find it difficult to be able to tell for sure whether there is peanuts in the food you're eating. Do you speak the language? If so that might help. Or if you're with a Pakistani person (esp. a man) they should be able to ascertain the ingredients in restaurants etc... If you're going up North, esp. the NWFP, or to Waziristan I'd say you're going to have some trouble unless you keep to very plain food (terrible pity, btw, as Pakistani food is AMAZING especially the fish and vegetable fishes. Yum)
    Am very jealous of you. Would love to go back, but is a touch dangerous at the moment so the OH has banned it!

Advertisement