Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question regarding insurance

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I took out insurance with hibernian aviva. It is me being insured on my mam's car but only if she is an accompanied driver. I'm just wondering now that I'm safe on the road do you think hibernian would actually pay out on an accident? The deal is 6 months insurance and 11 driving lessons. If anybody else took out on this offer could they please reply with what they know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

So you're a named driver on your mother's policy, and you are on a learner's permit?

You shouldn't be driving alone on a learner's permit, full stop. You're breaking the conditions of the permit and will therefore invalidate your insurance, causing a lot of headaches should you be involved in an accident with a law abiding driver.

I'm not being funny, but please don't chance it. It's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm going to close this, you must be accompanied at all times when driving on a Learner Permit in Category B. If you're safe on the road, prove it, and apply for, and pass your test.

And, just to clarify, driving on a learner permit unaccompanied doesn't necessarily mean that your insurance is "invalid", this will depend entirely on the insurance policy in question.
    Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement