Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in Kildare County/Newbridge

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Staying in Blessington in a few weeks and was planning to go over to Newbridge the following day to check it out.

Any top restaurants there which I should visit.

Recommendations seriously welcome....>!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Thai Trading @ Edward Harrigans: 045-487704: Main street accross from the Riverbank centre

Weeping Thaiger Restaurant: 045 447-799: The Courtyard Shopping Centre

Bollywood Spices: 045-449500: top of town beside McGloughlins Petrol station

All good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Bollywood Spices is closed/under renovation/changing ownership, I believe.

I would recommend Jaipore over it for Indian food in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

Bollywood Spices is gone. Think it's called Maharaji or something like that. But I'd recommend Jaipore over it anyway. Nicer Indian in Naas though, called Indie Spice.
    Jardin Royale if you want chinese. La Tavola d'Oro if you want Italian. Both of those are on the right hand side as you're going through the town (presuming you're coming from Naas direction). To get to Jaipore, turn right at the lights when you cross over the bridge coming into the town. Then, take the next left and they're up a little bit on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

weeping thaiger and La Tavolo DOro +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I really like L'Olivier's on Limerick lane (lane to the left of AIB bank, opposite Penny's).

Another really nice spot is the Hanged Man's restaurant a few miles outside the town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

If you go that tiny bit further to Kildare town there is a fantastic little restaurant run by a French guy called Annamars. I would highly recommend it, the food is always fresh and the presentation of the food is amazing.
    In Naas, Mash in the Osprey hotel is also amazing although the price of a main is from about €25-40 so its a tiny bit more expensive but worth every penney. If you want a TOP restaurant either of these should be visited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

I second the hanged mans inn in milltown about 5 mins from Newbridge.

The best restaurant near Blessington is definetley The Ballymore inn in Ballymore Eustace about 10 mins from Blessington. They do the best fillet steak you will ever eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

scargill wrote: »
    I really like L'Olivier's on Limerick lane (lane to the left of AIB bank, opposite Penny's).

A genuinely good place with very reasonable prices. Got stung only once when the owner/chef (Pascal is a woman) was away on holidays and got muck.
    janbaby wrote: »
    If you go that tiny bit further to Kildare town there is a fantastic little restaurant run by a French guy called Annamars. I would highly recommend it, the food is always fresh and the presentation of the food is amazing.

Another restaurant where the owner is a working chef. This is expensive and we use it for special occasions. Never had a bad meal.

Thai trading/harrigans pub is fantastic food. Restaurant at the back and pub athmosphere never intrudes. Can be odd getting a table sometimes. Even when it is empty they seem to hold tables for later sitting.

Jaipore for indian food is very good. 2 owners there. One on the front desk as host (very nice guy ) and the second owner is the chef. Get my takeaways from there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Vie De Chateau in Naas far surpasses any of the above, well wortha visit or Pauls in Kilcullen another gem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Vie De Chateau in Naas far surpasses any of the above, well wortha visit

And surpass all above on price also, very expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi All,

Staying in Blessington in a few weeks and was planning to go over to Newbridge the following day to check it out.

Any top restaurants there which I should visit.

Recommendations seriously welcome....>!

i recommend Pauls in Kilcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

scargill wrote: »

Another really nice spot is the Hanged Man's restaurant a few miles outside the town.

Without doubt the 2 best restuarants in Newbridge. I think the handged mans slightly has the edge as the venue is so nice - all fairly lights and lovely atmosphere on a cold winters night. The service is also top class. L'Olivier's is kinda quirky in terms of decor/atmosphere.

But food without doubt is amazing in both. Hanged man's is mostly steak & fish while L'Olivier has an extensive Italian & French menu. You won't be stuck for choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

You should try Fallons in Kilcullen, it is delicious if a little on the price side.

On another note, the €30 set menu in Vie de Chateau (in Naas) is a great deal and food is delish.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

I would have to recommend The Hanged Man's also. You won't get change out of 100E though for 2 people with nice bottle wine. Is well worth the money though. Food & Service is top class & Pat (owner) will make sure you're looked after.

Victoria House (Chinese/Thai) in Kildare Town is also very, very good for both food, service & value. An early bird menu during the week is 16E per head. You can't go wrong here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

had a nice lunch in Silken Thomas in Kildare town. at least the food was good, other things less so.
    I have never seen such a pushy staff. although there were plenty of free seats the staff was cleaning away plates before everyone was finished and serving coffee while some at the table were still on their main course. bad form. push peopple out the door like that and they won't be back.

Advertisement