Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doing a course plus another module

• 07-10-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I switched from arts to environmental science but the maths module is the same.Is it possible for me to do environmental science as well as keeping up maths for the four years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Technically possible. May not be technically feasible.

Talk to your course director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 annemarie09

So you like maths too!
    Ya, talk to your course supervisor and student services. I guess it all depends on what clashes with your core ES modules or not, in terms of lecture timetable and exam timetable for the remaining years. Then there is coop, - you might have to study and do an exam while on coop. If it was only for one semester that you did a particular extra module I would say it could be possible, but for all your remaining years... I wish you luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 annemarie09

Maybe a language might better stand to you as opposed to maths. It might compliment your skills in other countries when you graduate if you ever wanted to work abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

There is info in the student handbook. It says you can do it on a pass/fail basis or you can add it into your QCA or you can just do it on a turning up to lecturers basis. You fill out a form in the first week of semester and get the person in charge of the module you want to take to sign it. You will be able to sign up for the Spring Semester.

Advertisement