Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Mile 3 -Dangan, Galway

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

floods3.jpg
    3rd running of the Magic Mile.
    So how fast can YOU run a mile?
    Every runner, from top international athletes to the occasional jogger, lives and breathes miles.
    How many did you do yesterday, what was the average speed, what do you do each week.

The 1 mile race has been a classic distance for years, yet you don't get too many chances to RACE a mile and find out your real PB.

So it's time to put that right.
    The Magic Mile Meet is a graded mile meet, which means you run against people of similar ability. We'll have 4-6 different races [depending on numbers] and people will be allocated a grade based on a past race.

No need to worry about being lapped!

Date is Saturday October 17th
    Venue is Dangan Track, Regional Sports Centre, Galway

Registration on the night from 5:45 pm.
    First race at 6-30pm [Grade F], Last race 7-30pm, [Grade A].
    Entries and enquiries to trackmile@athenryac.com
    or Alan on 087 2452130 after 8pm.

Entry Fee EUR5
    Spot prizes only – distributed at random across all participants.
    Enquiries to alan@athenryac.com
    http://www.athenryac.com/magic-mile-3
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

I'm looking forward to this one. I didnt get to do the other meets for one reason or another. I was out at Dangan for a few slow laps a couple of weeks back - great facility but a boring place to do 5k, even if it was after football training.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Saturday evening folks.
    Loads of time for socializing after [ or an early bed for the marathoners]!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I`ll be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Thanks to Athenry AC for the event, I really enjoyed it. Lovely cool evening for running, and at least I have a time to beat next time around.

Advertisement