Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB weights/brands

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Well i started this page because my .20 Raptors are getting s##t accuracy and range but now i know what to get.As everyone on this sits is very helpful:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The problem is... You were using raptors...

I should probably use the last of them before i get in my new Prometheus EG 6.03 barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I should probably use the last of them before i get in my new Prometheus EG 6.03 barrel.

You'd be better off throwing them at people..

That's what plinking is for:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chelios

I bought a bag of Raptors .2 last saturday and have noticed the accuracy can be a bit skewed alright from about 40 feet.

Would I be right in saying that if I bought Excel I should be hitting my target dead centre each time (well almost each time)?

Chelios wrote: »
    I bought a bag of Raptors .2 last saturday and have noticed the accuracy can be a bit skewed alright from about 40 feet.

Would I be right in saying that if I bought Excel I should be hitting my target dead centre each time (well almost each time)?
    Yes:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I think doc's post was most informative... really well done there...

However I must disagree on several points.

Excel bbs... i find them too small. Sure they dont jam, but dont provide maximum efficiency. In mac 11 gbbs they tend to roll out of the mags... wont stay in (5.95mm iirc)

And G&G bbs... ew, no thanks. Far too big, designed to compensate for standard aeg barrels by being larger, thus making them tightbores... in a tightbore they jam like Jimmy Hendrix.

My personal favourites are the gunfire precicision line... very very nice. Extreme consistency within 1m/s per shot, though thier .25s (my standard weight) are a bit less so.. but still amazing.

Atm i use bioval .25s... the most consistent .25 I've found.

For sniper rifles... Blaster bbs are excelent, or for that extra weight, begadi .43s... the orange ones.... Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

G&G would be one of the most reliable for me personally in my tightbore setups.

Wiht gunfire causing an immense amount of problems.

My first trip to south east airsoft I had to use gunfire bio's and it literally ruined the day for me because my guns just would not work.

TM mp7 and VFC 416 had serious feeding issues, when i put excels in to test fire on their range, everything was hunky dory.

But it should be noted BB's are very much personal when it comes to brand and choice, with everyone having differing stories and the like.

The BB you use is pretty much a very important thing, its like the type of golf ball you use, the type of football boot you wear. You have to try a few out, and go with the one you feel your getting the maximum efficeny out of, for your setup and your guns, not anyone elses.

I think thats why there isnt a sticky on BB's, because there is just no definite anwser to what is the best, there is however definitive anwsers to which are the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Odd that... I find them to jam so often in tightbores... and not just me... they are really not popular over in the UK, quite looked down on infact.
    As for your problems with GFC bbs... wlel you did say you used the bios... i was refering to thier precision plastic line... give them a try and see for yourself... quite nice... Infact they used them on the IAA shooting stand all weekend at salute... they loved them.

As for sticky... yeah, sticky it... people can read views, and your review was fairly comprehensive doc, so i think its a good idea to pin this one up for people to look at, and take things away from to experiment themselves.

There may be a golf ball for everyone... but people need to know which ones are good to find one they like... or its a long expensive process.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    G&G would be one of the most reliable for me personally in my tightbore setups.

Wiht gunfire causing an immense amount of problems.

My first trip to south east airsoft I had to use gunfire bio's and it literally ruined the day for me because my guns just would not work.

TM mp7 and VFC 416 had serious feeding issues, when i put excels in to test fire on their range, everything was hunky dory.

But it should be noted BB's are very much personal when it comes to brand and choice, with everyone having differing stories and the like.

The BB you use is pretty much a very important thing, its like the type of golf ball you use, the type of football boot you wear. You have to try a few out, and go with the one you feel your getting the maximum efficeny out of, for your setup and your guns, not anyone elses.

I think thats why there isnt a sticky on BB's, because there is just no definite anwser to what is the best, there is however definitive anwsers to which are the worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement