Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEO Value for money

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

should be a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Shanley wrote: »
    Another thing id like to add about my site is if I search google for 'atm locations galway' its coming up as second on the list but when i search the more important terms such as I havent a clue where I am, (not in top 10 pages anyways)

Just found myself on page 14, the website is only active since Oct 2nd, will this get any better by itself?

Age is a big factor but presumable the other 100 odd domains above you will also age too, although not at the same rate. It depends on the Authority-Relevance dynamic - if you are more relevant, then age increased authority will lift you but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't mean to come across short - I'm just trying to give honest feedback. I think SEO is a understanding a complex model with lots and lots of factors. We dont even know how many factors there that are new this year.

I think people try to oversimplify SEO - 15 things to do, or top SEO tips or if you do x,y and z you'll rank. It's a model or an engine.

analogy: You can just pump more petrol into an engine, it will just flood. You can't make a car go faster by adding more cylinders, you have to keep the relationship over the cylinders, firing sequence, timing belt, cooling system, car weight etc.

I think most seo's/online marketeers/[insert your description here] sigh when people try to break it into over simplistic terms - like you have to have W3C validation. Its like saying you'll be the best driver if you can design the best car engine in the world. The two are mutually exclusive. Really, you just need skill and a car and a licence. A licence alone doesn't make you a driver - you need a car. Having more licences and no car doesn't help. The guy who runs the traffic dept. for Dublin Corporation uses a bicycle (good example).

Maybe some other people have some different views but thats mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

Re: ATM Locations Galway. I can rank for that in a day if I want with on-page alone. Nobody searches for it. Look at Google Keywords Tool and you will see why. The level of search is non-existent.

My well battered post on this is that I rank #1 on Google for Banana Picking Cork but that is no great shakes as there is no search traffic. However trying to rank worldwide for Banana Shakes will take some more work as the traffic is high.

Advertisement