Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling books back to the UCD Bookshop?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey, I'm sure this question has being asked 1000 of times but I couldn't find a recent topic about it and trying to do a search seems to freeze my browser.
    So here it is.
    I have 3 books that I bought last year for 3 different courses from the UCD Bookshop. Now that I have done these courses and I do not need them anymore. I am wondering if I could sell them to the bookshop or would I have to sell them to the second hand book shop or if this can even be done?
    Also I do realise that there is a stickied topic for selling books. But I would rather trade them in and get the money ASAP for them. So if I can trade them in would I get cash in hand or a cheque?
    Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You don't trade them in - they take them and attempt to sell them on your behalf, taking a cut of the profits. However, AFAIK they don't notify you of the sale, you have to check back every so often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

Jev/N wrote: »
    You don't trade them in - they take them and attempt to sell them on your behalf, taking a cut of the profits. However, AFAIK they don't notify you of the sale, you have to check back every so often
    Ok, cheers for the reply. I was hoping to make some quick money.

Advertisement