Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Grrr... Maynooth" thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

irish_goat wrote: »
    You doing first year economics? The talking is well annoying though, a bit of chat here and there is understandable but there always seems to be people chatting throughout. Why do they even bother showing up??
    Yep, i'm doing first year economics for my sins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Me too. Was not impressed by the maths questions they started throwing at me in the tutorials the other day. I left maths behind 4 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Several other things that got on my wick today:

People in the River apartments playing the "Sexy Chick" song super loud at all hours of the day... You're probably not (or if you are, stop blowing your own trumpet), stop playing it, it's really annoying.

People in the River apartments running around at half 11 (or half 7 as I've seen many a night) hammered and SCREAMING and banging on bedroom windows. (Seriously, as a noise-sensitive person, I am SO glad I live in the countryside sometimes)

People who assume they're better than everyone else because they go to Mantra- Quote from an anonymous accquaintance last week: "Oh no, I don't go to the Roost anymore, Mantra is way classier and anyway, why would you want to go to a pub? No, no, if you ask me and anyone else who's been to Mantra, it's definatley the only place to be now."
    I am not insinuating that everyone who goes to Mantra thinks like this, but there seems to be an emerging ponciness from it because it has a fancy waterfall and is all fancy and stuff. Fancypants.

Also the fact that it's getting too cold to sit outside and the new cafeteria STILL isn't finished. Nearly a year since the old one burnt down and the new one STILL isn't finished. (I know there's probably financial/insurance reasons behind this but this is a GRR Maynooth thread, and my GRR is that we don't have anywhere to sit except the poxy blue chairs in the Arts block.)

Kazuma wrote: »
    Harvesting your blueberries isn't important? :confused::confused::confused:
    Not what you said when you and astro were getting smashed at mine, tapping away at the computer :rolleyes:

Did you have to print an assignment then? No, you were listening to organ techno. That was the perfect time to harvest my pinapples!

*Takes victory sip*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

People in the River apartments playing the "Sexy Chick" song super loud at all hours of the day... You're probably not (or if you are, stop blowing your own trumpet), stop playing it, it's really annoying.

People in the River apartments running around at half 11 (or half 7 as I've seen many a night) hammered and SCREAMING and banging on bedroom windows. (Seriously, as a noise-sensitive person, I am SO glad I live in the countryside sometimes)
    +1
    I live on the ground floor in Village, that stupid sexy chick song has been playing all evening, don't get me wrong it's a good song but after hearing it over and over again I'm well and truly sick of it.
    You should hear this place at 2 in the morning, it's like fecking times square in NY :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cian1500ww wrote: »
    +1
    I live on the ground floor in Village, that stupid sexy chick song has been playing all evening, don't get me wrong it's a good song but after hearing it over and over again I'm well and truly sick of it.
    You should hear this place at 2 in the morning, it's like fecking times square in NY :rolleyes:

Rag week last year, stayed in boyf's apartment... Unreal. Apparently 4oc in the morning is the perfect time to play The Logical Song.

Seriously, it disgusts me how little respect people have for each other anymore, I know it was Rag week, but even during exam time, just because you (not you cian, you as in the people this thread is directed at) don't have an exam in the morning doesn't mean it's time for everyone to hear the Best of Dance 2008 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Rag week last year, stayed in boyf's apartment... Unreal. Apparently 4oc in the morning is the perfect time to play The Logical Song.

Seriously, it disgusts me how little respect people have for each other anymore, I know it was Rag week, but even during exam time, just because you (not you cian, you as in the people this thread is directed at) don't have an exam in the morning doesn't mean it's time for everyone to hear the Best of Dance 2008 :mad:
    Yeah, it's pretty much a zoo here :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

I hate when there's a queue of at least 2 or 3 for the library computers and yet banquo is on boards...

just saying like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Queue in the library yesterday of 8 people waiting to print assignments and there in front of us were 3 people of facebook. F3ck sake, thought at least the mature student amongst them would have the cop on. Apparently not, so for 10 minutes we stood looking at your one tag photos of herself in her friends albums. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also slow people that dawdle on the brigde so you can't get by when you are in a rush/actually want to go somewhere!

Finally, why is Maynooth the puddliest place ever?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MTAR

most of you are the moaniest people in the world!

what do you expect during rag week?? now if you said during the exams people were running around at 4am id feel for ya but during rag week its the norm!

You probably just notice it being puddly due to the fact ur in maynooth 5days a week... more days of puddle likeliness!! and also dont make this a "wow maynooth is so dull and horrible" thread... last year around this time there was one about that ITS COMING UP TO WINTER WHAT DO YOU EXPECT LIVING IN IRELAND!?!?

fair enough with the whole knacker thing... whoever spat at the guard was a gobsh*te but that being said i got emails from the college last year about similar things happening! with large ammounts of drunken people between the ages of 17-25 unfortunatly its expected.. dont say none of you have ever robbed a traffic cone or tricycle on the way home from a drunken night!

I do feel for you with people being on farmville when you needed to use the computers... but the reading room incident well that happens everyday I have gone in there many a time and used bebo and youtube!

The only thing that REALLY annoys me is the heavy metal songs played NON STOP in the su... people playing 20 7minute songs in a row.. epic

p.s. hoof dont bring down the name of pd's :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

People who assume they're better than everyone else because they go to Mantra

Not even been yet, lucky me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Rag week last year

Have respect for their right to PARTY!!!!!

In fairness though, rag week is rag week... Not a time for sleeping

It's a Grr Maynooth thread and I'll Grrr if I want to! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hands up who is seriously annoyed with this "you can't park on the Kilcock road anymore nonsense" and now feels like parking in the middle of ARTS?

*ME*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Get on your bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

People who assume they're better than everyone else because they go to Mantra- Quote from an anonymous accquaintance last week: "Oh no, I don't go to the Roost anymore, Mantra is way classier and anyway, why would you want to go to a pub? No, no, if you ask me and anyone else who's been to Mantra, it's definatley the only place to be now."
    I am not insinuating that everyone who goes to Mantra thinks like this, but there seems to be an emerging ponciness from it because it has a fancy waterfall and is all fancy and stuff. Fancypants.
    The bouncers are far too strict.
    The no jacket inside the club upstairs rule is a joke. Let me wear my fcking fleece (it's plain black and there's no hood ffs) you pricks.
    The music is far, far too lad (even for a club).
    Drinks are a rip off inside obviously.

However, it's still a decent spot and when it gets busy it's fairly mental on the dancefloor. The smoking area is top notch too.

However, having said that, mantra any night of the week doesn't even come close to matching the Roost on a thursday night. Fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

K4t wrote: »
    The no jacket inside the club upstairs rule is a joke. Let me wear my fcking fleece (it's plain black and there's no hood ffs) you pricks.

However, it's still a decent spot and when it gets busy it's fairly mental on the dancefloor. The smoking area is top notch too.

However, having said that, mantra any night of the week doesn't even come close to matching the Roost on a thursday night. Fact!
    On a related note, after wednesday night in mantra i'm never downing two Burns again....didnt sleep for ages, the bloody sun was coming up by the time it wore off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Roost was well empty at about 10.15 this Thursday, a joke. Free in upstairs to Mantra before 10.30, and a better DJ. Not that Thursdays in the Roost aren't FANTASTIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Awooga

I am officialy thinking up ways to kill "sorry you have to keep your drink in your bag man"... christ, i just cleaned my hands with your owww-ee-inducing alcohol rub and now I am not allowed re-hydrate myself... grrarg. i reckon it'd be ironic if someone "accidently" poured a bucket of water over his head and screamed " Get out ,you'll infect us all with your swine flu" at him... grr ends in 3...2...1.:pac:

mp3guy wrote: »
    Roost was well empty at about 10.15 this Thursday, a joke. Free in upstairs to Mantra before 10.30, and a better DJ. Not that Thursdays in the Roost aren't FANTASTIC.
    Me and my friends went to the Roost for a pint, then into Mantra free before 10.30, left Mantra with our hand stamped so we could get back in whenever, and then headed back to a busy Roost around 11. Plan! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MTAR

Me and my friends went to the Roost for a pint, then into Mantra free before 10.30, left Mantra with our hand stamped so we could get back in whenever, and then headed back to a busy Roost around 11. Plan! :D

would be a plan.... but mantra only stamp your hand if you have paid in, If you get in free before 10:30 you have to stay in as the wont stamp you when leaving (unless you say the cigarrette machine isnt working and you were told to go downstairs 0_o)

MTAR wrote: »
    would be a plan.... but mantra only stamp your hand if you have paid in, If you get in free before 10:30 you have to stay in as the wont stamp you when leaving (unless you say the cigarrette machine isnt working and you were told to go downstairs 0_o)
    :confused:
    We got free in and left soon after with our hands stamped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Was in the EE building today and underneath the stairs i found a load of "spokes" They were the November edition and were brand new, I stood there for around 5 minutes trying to figure out what month it was.
    Opened the first page and didn't recognise any of the names!
    Turned it around and found it was the 2007 edition.

There's around 30 unopened, untouched, glossy paged spokes under the stairs in the EE building!

Maybe it's the rain but i'm slightly annoyed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Hey, about the Spokes thing, which part are you annoyed at?
    That they printed so many for Nov 2007 and wasted a s***load of money or that for a second you thought it was this November's edition and you didn't get your copy?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What's with all the tiny flies hanging around the place in groups of millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

El Pr0n wrote: »
    grrr at this also!!! every time i walk from my apartment to hume i get a fly stuck in my eye or throat. EVERY TIME!!! sooo annoyin:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Xqzciara wrote: »
    grrr at this also!!! every time i walk from my apartment to hume i get a fly stuck in my eye or throat. EVERY TIME!!! sooo annoyin:mad:

...Guarding my lunch with my life... ****ers won't get stuck in my mayonaise!

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Yeah I found a dead rat outside the Village appartments the last day. Left him on the path for some priceless reactions from passers by :D

Sadly the rat was removed from the path :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Those flies are fierce annoying especially down at the entrance near village apartments ya have to keep the mouth closed or you will swallow a load. Also my house got egged last night :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

These are a few of my least-favourite things

(Some have been fixed since last year, some haven't)

Beats writing essays.

Advertisement