Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Grrr... Maynooth" thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

You know what annoys me actually, and I forgot it.... the fact if you order a pizza into the bar at night, when they're NOT serving food, you're not allowed eat it there? Don't like that. Been told to go outside and eat it before. Bit much, if you do it during the day you're out of order as the SU are selling food...but at 10pm?
    found a load of "spokes"
    how-to-recycle-new.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Well, i was yet again in my 1st year Economics lecture today and the talking has got to a ridiculous level. I think it is highly disrespectful considering the lecturer is trying to teach over 400 students in JH1 and some eegits are making it a nightmare for those who do want to listen to follow. The lecturer had to start going at a really fast pace as when there was a break for ppl to write notes, ppl started chatting again & she had to stop to tell them to shut up.

This is NOT secondary school, it is university & if you can't sit there and write & listen for an hour of your day then GET OUT!

Rant over...

But to others please share your annoying stories of same nature...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

You know what the SU needs 1 big screen instead of watching the footy on 4/5 small screens, which result in the crowd lookin in all mad directions like a bunch of confused meerkats. Get a projector type one and put it over the fire place and we need it before the play offs!!

also the selection of music on the juke box, wolfe tones up the hole but no safety dance like wtf!!!!! thats a bigger buzz kill than ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The SU used only to have a projector screen. Watched a few Euro 2004 qualifiers up there. Man, I'm old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Went to the Fees and Grants office today to get a receipt for the fees I paid last year.
    I was told I had to fill in a form which I though was weird and then I was told it was gonna cost €25, motherf**kers :mad::mad:
    I paid them €900 last year and €1600 this year and they want more money for a fecking receipt, not a chance :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Well, i was yet again in my 1st year Economics lecture today and the talking has got to a ridiculous level. I think it is highly disrespectful considering the lecturer is trying to teach over 400 students in JH1 and some eegits are making it a nightmare for those who do want to listen to follow. The lecturer had to start going at a really fast pace as when there was a break for ppl to write notes, ppl started chatting again & she had to stop to tell them to shut up.

This is NOT secondary school, it is university & if you can't sit there and write & listen for an hour of your day then GET OUT!

Rant over...

I'm in that lecture aswell. I sit down the front always in JH1. Easy enough to concentrate down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

god i miss being a student, i miss being pissed off by things. thats not to say that im happy with stuff, but i miss the having studenty things to complain about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

K4t wrote: »
    I'm in that lecture aswell. I sit down the front always in JH1. Easy enough to concentrate down there.
    Im in that lecture too, It was headwrecking the amount of times she had to stop to try get people to stop talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Was in JH2 for a 1st year english lecture on Thursday and the two girls sitting beside me spent the hour writing letters to each other (reminiscent of immature first years in Secondary School), drawing pictures and drawing on each other with highlighters. :mad:

All this was, of course, accompanied by laughter and even snorting at one stage. :mad:

Is it illegal to shove A4 refills where the sun don't shine?!

Grrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Hah, I'm in the economics lectures you're all complaining about too(wile lot of us here!). The talking was a bit annoying but jaysus some people take forever to scribble a few words down. It's no wonder people get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Rant over...

i was there checking what economics was like in case i wanted to switch from law and it wasnt exactly loud, though that being said i did spent a majority of the time drawing a picture of stewie griffin as a cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

the flies are crazy. is it the first stage of a plague. then there is the greenfield problem... its time for a vigilante group lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A certain Constitutional Law lecturer :mad: I refuse to believe I am an idiot and am completely lost in a module after only 4 weeks. Stupid, rambling, incoherent bastard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I love Constitutional Law, wish there was a way I could do that and ignore the other boring law parts.

Lecturers use the internet too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpt Beefheart

Hands up who is seriously annoyed with this "you can't park on the Kilcock road anymore nonsense" and now feels like parking in the middle of ARTS?

*ME*

I missed this grr on 1st read of this thread. The no more parking on the Kilcock road is a right pain. I waste a stupid amount of time some days driving round in circles looking for a spot. Can't get on my bike as I live half hour (drive) away. A nice security chappy told me that if i had to park illegally, do it inside college grounds and not on the road as it will be easier to plead your case to the college henchmen rather than the gardai. I believe him. Trying to find where el presidento parks so I can nick his spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

It has come to my attention (through trial and error) that the swivel seats in ARTS aren't actually stuck to the ground! Not a big deal in itself but it's another annoyance in a long list, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

They're awfully squeeky. *Squeeks*

dublin-bus.jpg

Rozabeez will know for sure, but the bus today was at least 8 minutes late and I was in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What's with the f5cking queue in the shop in John Hume??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ya gotta get there just before classes finish to avoid the queue :cool:

Or never go there cause it smells bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Is having serious anger issues with chairs/desks in Juciy over by the computers.

The stupid desk bit hits your knees, and the even stupider chairs feel like you are balancing every move. Always feel like your going to fall over if you lean forward :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpt Beefheart

I got the broken chair in the Arts Block reading room two days in a row. Getting paranoid. :mad: When is that nice new shiny place opening. What is it anyway?

PrivateEye wrote: »
    dublin-bus.jpg

Rozabeez will know for sure, but the bus today was at least 8 minutes late and I was in a hurry.

Is that a photo from our bus yesterday? You sir are a weirdo. I do remember commenting that it was due "7 minutes ago" while talking to you :p

That is obviously google, hurr durr.

I got the broken chair in the Arts Block reading room two days in a row. Getting paranoid. :mad: When is that nice new shiny place opening. What is it anyway?

It'll be a place to eat lunch, not buy lunch. So its like...well...a lunch room.

Bring it on.

Yeah like eating crackers in a dark allyway is starting to make me look weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I really hate that ****.

Photocopiers in Logic House I say!

Advertisement