Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Hts to sky box

• 07-10-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice from someone regarding Home cinema.

How can i connect the philips hts3367 to sky box to allow me to watch matches etc. with surround sound.
    The philips 5.1 system doesn't have a digital in to allow me to plug into from the sky box (standard not sky +)
    Any suggestions as to what cable / adaptor i need ?
    I am looking to put this through a projector through Hdmi cable.
    Just not sure how to get sound out of system.

Do i need to get sky+ box to make it happen.

Thanks everyone..:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

You can buy an optical to digital converter from "daplins", failing that use the red and white and force the "AMP" into pro logic mode

>Sol
    Edit : Sorry , use the optical/tos from your sky box to adaptor, then to "Amp".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Cheers for that akasol...
    My head was starting to spin trying to work out connection details.

A seperate av reciever would be on the shopping list if cash could be stretched....

Thanks
    wobbie10:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Standard Sky digiboxes dont have digital outputs, only the standard stereo phono red and white outputs. Connect these into the home cinema system and you will get pro logic at best.

Sky+ and Sky HD boxes have optical outputs for 5.1 sound but even this is only available on the movie channels. Sports channels will still only be pro logic at best with these.

Advertisement