Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best chain lube..

• 07-10-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good lube that doesnt end up all over the wheel....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wipe off the excess oil with a cloth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Them first 2 posts have given me the best laugh i've had all day,thanks lads:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

'Muck-Off'

It is a 'dry' lube.

You should be able to find it at most bike shops or Halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

old gearbox oil dose the trick,apply it spareingly to the top row of warm chain and u cant go wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

anything thats inn me friends shed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Silkolene chain lube, semi synthetic non fling. Spray it on and leave for a few minutes, when you turn the wheel slowly you'll see it cling to the chain looking something like candyfloss. It's the best iv'e found yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm not a fan of chain drive to be honest but my latest bike is so I'm back to using lube again.

I used to use Rockoil chain lube but recently picked up a can of S100 white chain lube in Germany and its great. I couldn't believe it but it has zero fling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I use the Castrol Chain Wax, put on the chain while it is still hot after a spin and never had any problems with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I use the Castrol Chain Wax, put on the chain while it is still hot after a spin and never had any problems with it!

Thats the best stuff to use

P.C. wrote: »
    'Muck-Off'

It is a 'dry' lube.

You should be able to find it at most bike shops or Halfords.

Muck off is only for cleaning,, not oiling your chain.

• Advertisement

Muck off is only for cleaning,, not oiling your chain.

Yes you can, look here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I use the Castrol spray on stuff that comes in a green aerosol can, seems to do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

lord lucan wrote: »
    Them first 2 posts have given me the best laugh i've had all day,thanks lads:p

Why, spray the lube on the chain when its clean and wipe off the excess with a cloth to minimise dirt and fling.

Why, spray the lube on the chain when its clean and wipe off the excess with a cloth to minimise dirt and fling.

Saw no humour in them either. Mind you if the first post read "Anyone recommend a good lube that doesnt end up all over the rim....? ", now that would be funny (funnier) ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I think two posts about other types of lube may have been deleted :pac:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I think two posts about other types of lube may have been deleted :pac:

That would make more sense than a strange sense of humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I have a strange sense of humour!:D

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Yes you can, look here
    APOLOGIES for getting it wrong,,,, BUT i was talking about the normal muck off stuff that is good for cleaning the bike,,, which is in a different bottle, i never seen the stuff you are talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Tanx for the replies lads..tbh i was very careful how i worded the op...knowing what you lot are like...:D

Anyone used a scotoiler ..?

Advertisement