Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft- Cancelling Subscription

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My 12 year old son used my credit card , without my permission, to join world of warcraft.I have contacted Blizzard Ent repeately through their automated customer support response and asked them to cancel the payment but they have yet to make direct contact with me and my credit card is still being debited .Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html

Use the uk phone number, might take a while to get through but speakign to someone is the best bet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

If you can get your son to log onto his account it would be much much easier - you could click the cancel button.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Memorize the Auth code on the back of your card; then scratch it right the **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

you're doing the right thing keeping him away from wow at that age for his sake and the community, i think all mmo's should be 16+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

set yourself up an account, roll a Priest and enjoy it as a family activity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

Ask your son for his login and password for his World of Warcraft account. Then login to the website at this link here. Once you're in there'll be an option under billing information to cancel the subscription. If you can't find that scroll down to the end of the page and there should be an option to Cancel your Account.

This online method is the usual way to cancel subscriptions which is why you're having such trouble trying to do it over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

set yourself up an account, roll a Priest and enjoy it as a family activity.
    My boss does this with his daughter but the difference is that was a planned activity. Not to drag parenting into it but stealing your dad's CC is not on. and should not be rewarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Put a keylogger on your/his computer, let him login, afterwards check the keylogger, login on his account and delete it yourself... :)

E Z

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Can i have his stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

mayordenis wrote: »
    If you can get your son to log onto his account it would be much much easier - you could click the cancel button.

That is by far the easiest way. If I was you I'd tell him if he does anything like that again you'll send him to an industrial school like the ones that are all over the news.

Always worked on me when I was that age.

• Advertisement
Advertisement