Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen Repair In Wexford

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in the town that will replace a laptop screen?

If possible, having the laptop repaired in no longer than a few days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

In all seriousness chances are the laptop screen will cost nearly as much as a replacement laptop ...unless the laptop is an expensive one and fairly recently purchased I would consider a new one as an option.... - very east to transfer data from one to another......only place I can think of that may help is on main street - they seem to sell laptops and offer repairs....for the life of me I can;t remember exactly where they are but may be towards the book centre end...sorry for being so vague but may be worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone know anywhere in the town that will replace a laptop screen?

If possible, having the laptop repaired in no longer than a few days?

Theres a place across from the ulster bank on the main street.Its on the corner.I think theres a women clothes shop down stairs and theres pc repairs up stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nanor

What's the exact model of your laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Nanor wrote: »
    What's the exact model of your laptop?

Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pcman

Hi there first of all id like to say "Dont buy Sony Vaio"

1: A replacement screen from sony Will set you back around 700-800 Euro
    2: you can replace the screens yourself check out Lcds4less.co.uk
    3: Sony are currently collecting case numbers for The Vgn-NS series notebooks
    because the screen cracks in the top right corner due to a flaw,
    one of the corners any way.

once enough cases are collected the will make it a Known issue
    which means as long as the unit is in warrenty
    or the issue was reported while the unit was in warrenty

****THEY WILL FIX IT FOR FREE*****

Ring Vaio-link they will most likley tell you there's nothin wrong with unit but if you tell them now at least you reported it to them
    and check back with them in a while to see if the recognize the fault

Thanks for reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

I,m a qualafied PC Technician and have often repaired laptop screens in the past but to be honest like the other replies its probably cheaper to buy a new Laptop. Unless you can get a 2nd hand screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

Go to PC Solutions on South Main St, Wex, across from the Premier chipper, they should be able to sort you out either with a repair, replacement or a trade in. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Go to PC Solutions on South Main St, Wex, across from the Premier chipper, they should be able to sort you out either with a repair, replacement or a trade in. Good luck with it.

Yeah that's where I will bring it, called in there last Saturday but they were closed at 2 so must have been on a half day.

Yeah that's where I will bring it, called in there last Saturday but they were closed at 2 so must have been on a half day.

lol I'd say if ya had have checked in the Sky and the Ground you might have found them scullin pints! Twas Halloween after all, I have a business card here for them, I'll PM ya the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

I replaced mine, a dell insprion. Pretty easy to do and came to about €100.

heres the thread, my posts are halfway down the first page. I bought a screen off ebay, think the link in further downt he post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634109

glanman wrote: »
    I replaced mine, a dell insprion. Pretty easy to do and came to about €100.

heres the thread, my posts are halfway down the first page. I bought a screen off ebay, think the link in further downt he post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634109

Here's your research, I didn't even realise how easy it was lol

Its well for ya's lads, well done on the DIY job, its not for everyone tho, some people wouldn't have the first idea where to start even with a well detailed guide, some others wouldn't fancy taking the risk of repairing themselves, at least if its in a shop for repair/replacement and something goes wrong the shop is obliged to cough up for it.

I'm with ya tho, not so much on laptops, can't stand them, but I'd never dream of buying or bringing my pc in a store. Way too expensive! Komplett.ie clearance section! Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

In fairness it was pretty straight forward, for the dell anyway, there is very few parts in these computers, everything is in the one lead so it means very little messing about!

Its well for ya's lads, well done on the DIY job

Did you watch the video, on the forum?

It's a matter of screwing out and then screwing in.

The only difficult part is making sure that the screen you get is the correct model, Same with building pc's. It's all about making sure of the compatibility and optimisation for you needs. the actual building part is simples

Effluo wrote: »
    Did you watch the video, on the forum?

It's a matter of screwing out and then screwing in.

The only difficult part is making sure that the screen you get is the correct model, Same with building pc's. It's all about making sure of the compatibility and optimisation for you needs. the actual building part is simples

yep, simple....that is until the new motherboard ya've installed gets fried by that pesky static eh? Don't make it all sound so simple, there's quite a bit more to it than all that!

Advertisement