Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information onboard new 22000 IE trains

• 07-10-2009 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Was coming home today on train from Heuston and I noticed on the LED Panel above the door (inside the coach) that it said "This is coach 3" and " The next station - 8.2 Km" as we went further down the track it changed and gave a new distance everytime.

Since when did IE start telling you how far to go to the next station, or is this a new thing? Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Since we are still awaiting the long promised 22000s in the Sunny South East I haven't had the opportunity to study all the wonderful new technology but I'm sure the average passenger really appreciates knowing the exact distance to the next station - more important than decent catering, toilets that work etc,etc....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Wasn't displayed last time I was on a 22000 a couple months back.

I've been on them a couple of times with at least one coach having no info (incl reservations) displayed, and one time the entire train had incorrect reservations - i.e. either the reservation data for another train entirely, or a set of "default" data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was on one of the 8500's heading into the city and the led / announcements were out of sync by two stations. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maybe de members agreed to turn the GPS on after about 27 meetings between the ILDA and Barry Kenny ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I was on one of the 8500's heading into the city and the led / announcements were out of sync by two stations. :D

I was on the Dart and the live station map thingy was telling us we were going the wrong way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Never seen this before. I've travelled on countless 22000's and the LED displays either dont work or are woefully incorrect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

Since we are still awaiting the long promised 22000s in the Sunny South East I haven't had the opportunity to study all the wonderful new technology but I'm sure the average passenger really appreciates knowing the exact distance to the next station - more important than decent catering, toilets that work etc,etc....:D

Were not awaiting the new trains we have them already. What line do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

shaymousse wrote: »
    Were not awaiting the new trains we have them already. What line do you use?

Get ready for the ranting and raving!:D

Go on JD.;)

I've only been on 22000s on the Kerry line and never saw any distances mentioned on them, what route were you travelling on? When they started using them, the station name was announced in English only upon arrival but it has now been changed to Irish and English.

In my experience the information systems in the 8500s are wrong more times than they are right. On the other hand I've never seen the 8100s show incorrect information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Some uploads on youtube showing the announcements

it's cool, but nothing like what you see in Europe, in some cases announcements come in 3 different languages and in order depending on the direction the train is going!
    Also they even go to the extreme to show you the departures of the next station before arrival!
    92883.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

They've always been correct when I've been on the Galway - Dublin train, but once the left hand side of the train had seat reservations only. The right side wasnt on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Shaymousse - The Sunny South East I refer to is Co.Wicklow & Co.Wexford and does not include Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford "The Mulchie Midlands" and we don't have 22000s down here and I will be pleasantly (?)surprised if we see them before years end. Anyway I feel that this thread has broken through from Irish Railway News or at least it certainly belongs there! What will we discuss next - how many tail lamps the Up Express to Ballymagash had on it last Saturday? :D

Sorry DW that's the best I can do for a rant tonight.

<typical IRN post>

219 - 09:00 Heuston to Cork

</typical IRN post>

I should know, I wrote it. :o

Advertisement