Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan to Adare!

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

I've a job in Navan... followed by a round of golf in Adare if I can get there in time. Hmmm, everyone has a different opinion on this one. Back to Dublin down the N3 and then down the N/M7? Or Navan Athboy Mullingar Tullamore Birr Nenagh... Or Navan Kells Mullingar... or Mullingar Tullamore Port Laoise.... I'll be leaving Navan at 11.30 am on a Friday. I drive pretty fast, but of course there's a limit to what you can do on a two lane road, whereas on a motorway... ;)Anyway It seems like about 3 hours or so either way but I've no idea so any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

You'd have no business going to Athboy or M'gar at all for this trip.

40 minutes will get you to Kilcock via trim, 20 mins then to cross over to Naas via Clane and Sallins to hook up with the M8 to Limerick.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You'd have no business going to Athboy or M'gar at all for this trip.

40 minutes will get you to Kilcock via trim, 20 mins then to cross over to Naas via Clane and Sallins to hook up with the M8 to Limerick.......

Only the M8 goes to Cork, try the N7 you might hit Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

trad wrote: »
    Only the M8 goes to Cork, try the N7 you might hit Limerick

Mea culpa. I mix them up all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Hmm, interesting, Google maps isn't a fan of that way. 3 hours 14. Gets me more motorway though which is attractive. Any idea how long it will take from Navan into the M50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RoryFla

Navan to Trim.
    Trim to Longwood.
    Longwood to Kinnegad.
    Kinnegaed to Tullamore.
    Tullamore to Birr.
    Birr to Limerick.

Do it regularly and find this the best route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

RoryFla wrote: »
    Navan to Trim.
    Trim to Longwood.
    Longwood to Kinnegad.
    Kinnegaed to Tullamore.
    Tullamore to Birr.
    Birr to Limerick.

Do it regularly and find this the best route.

The other route:
    Navan-Trim-Summerhill-Kilcock-Clane-Sallins-Naas-M7 would be a better route I would imagine.i.e. Motorway from Naas to Adare. I maybe wrong. How much of the other route is motorway? Kinnegad to Tullamore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RoryFla

Yeh you can go that route either.

Yes, Kinnegad to near Tullamore is motorway.And after that its a main road until you hit the motorway outside Nenagh. Be carefull that you get on the correct road out of Kinnegad and not the Mullingar road.

As above there is a motorway from Nass all the way down.

I just dont see the need to go all the way to Naas from Trim when you can just cut across. I try and keep away from Clane and Sallins and get as far away from Dublin traffic.

Your looking at three and a bit hours anyway and I normally dont spare the horses ;)

Advertisement