Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Laser card while abroad?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Ok, so went to withdraw money from my BOI account only to be refused. I have money on the account and the card is in date. So i rang 365 banking, only to be told the card has been cancelled and there is no note o reason why. They have told me to contact my local branch and see why. Now if i was in Ireland this would be ok. However i am living abroad for a bit now and even if they send a new card it will take a while for it to get to me. I need to take money off it now. Any ideas what they can do in this case? It seems strange and more to the point puts me in a situation where i cannot access my funds!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I guess you should tell them you're living abroad. I know they might become suspicious about any irregular/regular foreign transactions. I once had my CC blocked while abroad so now I have at least one spare when going abroad. If they know you're based in Slovenia, they would hardly ask you to come to your branch (unless there's one in Ljubljana).

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

They are aware i am living abroad, the problem is they cancelled the card, without sending a new one, and now nobody in Boi seems to know why. Also the time i lose while not being able to access my funds!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you do an international transfer to access your funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

If they're sending you a replacement to Slovenia, you just have to wait. Use your CC for cash withdrawals in the meantime. It's Euro zone so should be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

deecom wrote: »
    They are aware i am living abroad, the problem is they cancelled the card, without sending a new one, and now nobody in Boi seems to know why. Also the time i lose while not being able to access my funds!

Well it should be very easy to find out. If a staff member cancelled the card, their staff number will be recorded. If you are forcing credit, then credit control probably canceled it. If the card is expired, then the system automatically reissues a new card.

I advise to contact the customer service manager in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement