Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst thing you've ever eaten??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Dog sh1te. When i was in primary school, i had one of those muller corners that had the chocolate flakes in the corner as part of my lunch. Clumsy as i was, i spilt some of the flakes on the floor. Wasn't going to let good food go to waste so picked them up and back in the yoghurt with them. Unfortunately, a flake of some kind of sh1te that resembled a chocolate flakey bit got picked up too. Most unpleasent taste, spewed my ring up in the bathroom when i realised what it was :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Worst thing I ever ate was rice with squid ink sauce. I swear, it tasted like the ink from a Bic biro.

Surely if you know what biro ink tastes like that should count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Surströmming in Sweden - Basically rotting herring :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

2 Raw eggs, some mushrooms and a pint of guiness all at once. I think I lasted 4-5 seconds before the sprint to the bathroom!
    Ah drunk games.. How I love xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Sweetbreads..... lambs testicles.. Bastards I was with didnt tell me until I had finished the whole lot, very tasty!!...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Surely if you know what biro ink tastes like that should count

I can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Bit into a seasickness tablet when I was about ten because I used to hate swallowing them and it was fairly big and cylindrical.
    The taste of what was inside is what it must be like to swallow the contents of an ashtray. It still almost makes me heave just thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Loopy wrote: »
    Sweetbreads..... lambs testicles.. Bastards I was with didnt tell me until I had finished the whole lot, very tasty!!...:o

Eh... sweetbreads come from the thymus and pancreas - quite nice actually :pac:

Worst thing ever - probably Nam Pla (thai fish sauce, found in most supermarkets) - smells and tastes vile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

McCoy's Roast Chicken flavour crisps.
    Walker's Builder's Breakfast crisps.

Instant vomit. Thanks very much Gary Lineker ya pr*ck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Steak Tartare -

http://i13.tinypic.com/2cxc46d.jpg

Yes, that is raw meat with an egg. I still get nauscious thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Beetroot, puketastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Oysters...

Now I know how my girlfriend feels when i
    jizz
    in her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

A thing called 'Natto' in Japan. It's essentially rancid soy beans. It's gluey and gelatinous and smells like the beejayasus, with an aftertaste of rotten eggs, but even the small kids there love it. Never again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

A discusting piece of cheese, it actually smelt like puke! I only ate it because it was part of a dare! Never again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Fig rolls, who the fcuk decided they would be a nice snack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

A Borrito.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Paella.

I'm never eating in a place that shows me the picture of how the food 'should' look in the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

a nice tin of Heinz scotch broth soup. Uncooked. Strangely enough i prefer their soup uncooked. Also tins of beans/noodles taste better uncooked IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Horse, was horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

A cockroach. He was horrible. Especially the abdomen part. Durians are also rancid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Nothing like a nice bowl of maggots to get the taste buds flowing before the main course. Alternativly I could snack on some of these and there is nothing to wash it all down quite like a bottle of baby mouse wine. I sh1t you not! I swear those asians will eat anything!

Warning those links are graphic and maybe not NSFW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Walls canned meatballs. My mam got them one week when I was a kid, just to try them.

Smelt like rancid dog food and tasted like boiled ****. Went right in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

TomCo wrote: »
    Walls canned meatballs. My mam got them one week when I was a kid, just to try them.

Smelt like rancid dog food and tasted like boiled ****. Went right in the bin.

I heard you like eating meatballs:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My brother used to make me eat grass when I was a kid. So that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of me mates was feeding her snakes a few weeks back and one of them wouldnt eat the baby mouse she had for it. So I did. Nom nom nom.
    Wasnt bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

that horrible perfumy turkish delight *gag*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

seanybiker wrote: »
    One of me mates was feeding her snakes a few weeks back and one of them wouldnt eat the baby mouse she had for it. So I did. Nom nom nom.
    Wasnt bad at all.

Waste not, want not, I suppose! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Jev/N wrote: »
    Sweetbreads come from the thymus and pancreas - quite nice actually :pac:

So they lied..
    Well now thats not so bad then - get me some in Tesco's later so..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Topfenstrudel

Surely, we said to ourselves, if apfelstrudel is pastry with apples, then topfenstrudel must be pastry with toffee?

No. Its pastry with creamy curd cheese in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Lamprey! It tasted like a rotting corpse. Had to take 2 oysters just to get the taste out of my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a girl i know ate a live lizard in tenerife.tiny little thing but still! how was she to know there wasnt poison in him or anything.

for me its the rustlers microwave burgers.RANK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Agricola wrote: »
    Steak Tartare -

http://i13.tinypic.com/2cxc46d.jpg

Yes, that is raw meat with an egg. I still get nauscious thinking about it.

I quite like it. You kind of have to savour it.

The worst I had was pig's trotters. Basically boiled lumps of skin and fat. I'll try most local foods given the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sugar_smile

Baked Beans......yuuukkkk, Even looking at them sends a shiver down my spine and makes me want to vomit...........:( and ketchup........uuurgghhh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

df1985 wrote: »
    a girl i know ate a live lizard in tenerife.tiny little thing but still! how was she to know there wasnt poison in him or anything.

for me its the rustlers microwave burgers.RANK!

Poor lizard, what a way to die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Friend ate horse sh1t when he was drunk and my brother swallowed a old 5 pence coin!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

cucumber, sends a shiver down my spine even thinking about it

+1.

The merest hint of it makes me want to barf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Calves brains. Had them in a posh restaurant in Sydney. Everyone was ordering snails, squid etc so I thought I'd be cool and order the brains. 6 on the plate, ate 3 so as not to look like a complete twat.

Like snot wrapped in a layer of crusty snot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Duck hearts, last week in the work canteen.

I thought I'd be adventurous and give them ago but my God, i ate one and that was it. Tough, hard, and not tasty. Nearly gagged.

(Honestly the French will eat anything).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just read this thread. Now whats for lunch!!

I don't think i'll eat ever again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The worse thing that I've eaten is tripe. I would rather eat raw donkey bollocks than ever go within sniffing distance of that sh1te ever again.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

-Leelo- wrote: »
    My friends' mams' stew complete with tinned tomatoes :eek: Stomach churning! I was only a kid too and she made me eat it all!

ehhh I always put tinned plum tomatoes in a stew :pac: it adds loads of flavour !

worst thing I ever ate(drank) was drinking a concotion made up by our dinner table in school.. comprising of a mix of leftoveres from peoples plates , tea ,coffee , salt , pepper ,ketchup , vinegar, and to top it off a couple of lumps of margarine floating on the top...
    this was for a bet .. needless to say one mouthful was as much as i could manage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kikkidee03

reindeer didn't know it at the time though :(

squid, pretty ****ing chewy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

kikkidee03 wrote: »
    reindeer didn't know it at the time though :(

squid, pretty ****ing chewy!

Squid isn't supposed to be chewy and is grand if it's cooked right but there are very few restaurants that can do it right unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

A whole banana with skin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

a piece of soap once by accident. A cigarette. What's wrong with tinned tomatoes OP? Most of my meals revolve around them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

When i was about 5 or 6 some auld one living up the road was minding me and my brother while my parents were away. Anyway, she asked what we wanted for dinner and being that age we naturally said chips. But she was really old and wasnt sure how to cook frozen chips. So she proceeded to cook them in a frying pan that was greased with a load of butter:confused:. The chips came out both half cooked and covered in butter yes it was disgusting as it sounds. The butter was kinda dripping off the chips as she put them on a plate. It was like eating a massive lump of butter that was half frozen. Didnt eat chips for a good year after that.

Might be considered child abuse nowadays or more rightly a deterrent for kids who eat too much chips.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Tofu. Manky stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Oysters...

For me they are definitely not an aphrodisiac... Like swallowing back a big lump of cold salty snot.

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Was at Global Gathering a few years ago, and drank the contents of a glow-stick, for a bet!! Was vomiting fluorescent green fluid for 30mins afterwards. Ugh:(

Also, not the worst thing I ever ate, but definately the hardest to swollow, was a huge bowl of DRY rice crispies (again, for a bet) after about 5 or 6 yokes:eek:. If you've ever taken pills, you'll know what a hard task that was!! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement