Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst thing you've ever eaten??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

the worst i ate was a bag of woodlice covered in sugar it was in Changi mai north Thailand , there were actully not that bad, they tasted like amonds, but the bad thing was it got a couple of the lads going and they talked me into eating scorpion it was so bad the woodlice came up, :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was at a wildlife park when I was four or five with my friend and her family - her older sister yelled over to us that she had found a cluster of Maltesers on the ground. This being early 80s Ireland and sweets being a rare treat, we dashed over and partook.

It wasn't the nicest tasting Malteser I've ever eaten... possibly because it was goat sh1t.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Celery. I'd gladly eat sweetbreads if it could get me out of ever having to taste that **** again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

Custard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Quality wrote: »
    Oysters...

For me they are definitely not an aphrodisiac... Like swallowing back a big lump of cold salty snot.

So I'm guessing you don't...ummm...you know...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deisePaul

The worst thing I have ever eaten is Hákarl, an Icelandic delicacy.

Basically rotten shark ... disgusting !!

Wiki describes it better than I can....

Hákarl is traditionally prepared by gutting and beheading a Greenland or basking shark and placing it in a shallow hole dug in gravelly-sand, with the now-cleaned cavity resting on a slight hill. The shark is then covered with sand and gravel, and stones are then placed on top of the sand in order to press the shark. The fluids from the shark are in this way pressed out of the body. The shark ferments for 6-12 weeks depending on the season in this fashion.

Following this curing period, the shark is then cut into strips and hung to dry for several months. During this drying period a brown crust will develop, which is removed prior to cutting the shark into small pieces and serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

a \"lasange" in portugal

when i finished it i realiesd there was no mince meat.....
    friend got 3 it in a local supermarket
    i ate it happy to get it for free
    got sick
    never found out what it really was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Liver - just looking at it turns my stomach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

sheeps hearts (or something) every wednesday as a child (during poorer periods).
    disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

A bar of soap.

Was about 5, it was left on the bed in our hotel room in Majorca I think.
    Thought it was white chocolate.

It fucking wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

brummytom wrote: »
    A bar of soap.

Was about 5, it was left on the bed in our hotel room in Majorca I think.
    Thought it was white chocolate.

It fucking wasn't

Filthy language. You'll have to wash out your mouth young man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Vag
    Larianne wrote: »
    Raw fish, ugh.

Same thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I used to make home brew beer and we often used to bring abottle or two into town when we were heading out.
    This particular time there were no empty bottles to put the beer into so a mate of mine went home and got a two-litre Lenor bottle with some Lenore still in it.
    I was a bot apprehensive so i washed the bejausus out of the bottle,emptied it out twenty times..filled it up with beer,put on the lid and off we popped.
    Halfway int o town i decided i'll have a snifter,unscrewed the lid,had a swig and boosh..projective vomited everywhere..i hadnt cleaned the lid out and it was full of caked-on fabric conditioner as was the mouth of the bottle..its probably the worst taste i've ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Degsy wrote: »
    I used to make home brew beer and we often used to bring abottle or two into town when we were heading out.
    This particular time there were no empty bottles to put the beer into so a mate of mine went home and got a two-litre Lenor bottle with some Lenore still in it.
    I was a bot apprehensive so i washed the bejausus out of the bottle,emptied it out twenty times..filled it up with beer,put on the lid and off we popped.
    Halfway int o town i decided i'll have a snifter,unscrewed the lid,had a swig and boosh..projective vomited everywhere..i hadnt cleaned the lid out and it was full of caked-on fabric conditioner as was the mouth of the bottle..its probably the worst taste i've ever had.

That reminds me there I used to take a crafty few glugs of my mothers sherry as a teen, but one time she filled a leftover bottle of it with clothes dye and left it in the laundry room, came home from school and took a big swig of the fucker and blleeeeuuggh.

A fella I know swallowed two AA batteries for a bet. He said when he crapped them out 3 days later they were rusty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Probably some airplane food.. cant remember which airline though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Mousey- wrote: »
    a \"lasange" in portugal

when i finished it i realiesd there was no mince meat.....
    friend got 3 it in a local supermarket
    i ate it happy to get it for free
    got sick
    never found out what it really was
    Pasta and white sauce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Went to Paris in Febuary with my year, first of all Flunch, it was disgusting.
    But the bet we had was even worse, chocolate muffin crumbs, salt, pepper, chips, chicken grease, Fanta, Coke and tomata sauce, absolutely nasty but I drank the whole glass well worth €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

McDonalds hamburger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

That chicken and mushroom pie the night before I got the winter vomiting bug.
    I saw it and tasted it for more than 12 hours straight.

It took me months to look at a mushroom in the same way again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Aaruul, in Mongolia, basically curdled mare's milk that's left to dry in the sun for months. If it's only a few months old it's not too bad, quite chewy, but the stuff that's almost a year old (just before they make the new batch) is dry and powdery - it looks like dried dog **** from the eighties...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

In Austria there was this sour cream breakfast sandwich/pancake thing with herbs and stuff.. dunno what it was but it was absolutely vile! Looked really lovely which made it worse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

almost totally frozen oven chips on the munchies "are these still frozen? feckit they'll do, om nom nom" or instant coffe granules mixed in with nutella and frozen "this will totally make chocolate coffee ice-cream om nom nom!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    A Microwaved Kebab from LIDL :(

I knew than I had reached a low in my life and that everything I ate from here on in was an improvement.

those kebabs are unreal! the 2mins 20seconds ones :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I had some foreign muck a few years back that my sister brought, think it was called satay something or other, never again good old spuds and meat for me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

whatever just made me destroy the toilet and all plant life within about 25 feet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

the worst i ate was a bag of woodlice covered in sugar it was in Changi mai north Thailand , there were actully not that bad, they tasted like amonds, but the bad thing was it got a couple of the lads going and they talked me into eating scorpion it was so bad the woodlice came up, :eek:

I've eaten scorpion, nice and crunchy. Although it had been at the bottom of a bottle of vodka and I had just drank the vodka, so that might kinda have something to do with it since my sense of taste was completely dead
    barakus wrote: »
    That reminds me there I used to take a crafty few glugs of my mothers sherry as a teen, but one time she filled a leftover bottle of it with clothes dye and left it in the laundry room, came home from school and took a big swig of the fucker and blleeeeuuggh.

My brother did something similar recently with a bottle of carpet cleaner that he thought was coke. Only person I've ever heard of doing something like that who was old enough to drive himself to the hospital afterwards
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    Probably some airplane food.. cant remember which airline though..

Airline food is awesome, as is hospital food
    almost totally frozen oven chips on the munchies "are these still frozen? feckit they'll do, om nom nom" or instant coffe granules mixed in with nutella and frozen "this will totally make chocolate coffee ice-cream om nom nom!"

Ah, I miss being a student :P

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Caesar Salad. Puke on a plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Me and four lads and one of the lad's girlfriends were in Eindhoven for a few days, waiting to fly back from interrailing. the three of us were staying in one room, and your man and his girlfriend were staying in the other. Anyway we all had really bad chest infections and were coughing up gank all the time. So to save himself going to the toilet to cough up greeners, Dave was spitting them into a 7up bottle next to his bed. The next night we were drinking and the lad who was in the other room with his girlfriend came in and was looking for something to mix his vodka and coke into, and found the bottle of greeners without any of us noticing. After he drank about three quarters of the thing he started saying that his drink tasted foamy, and kinda thick or something, then it dawned on the three of us that he'd just drank most of Dave's greeners from the night before. I actually felt genuine disgust in every part of my body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

To some people its a delicacy but Foie Gras (fried overfed ducks liver) is about the most horrible thing I have ever tasted. Greasy, liver texture, foul taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Me and four lads and one of the lad's girlfriends were in Eindhoven for a few days, waiting to fly back from interrailing. the three of us were staying in one room, and your man and his girlfriend were staying in the other. Anyway we all had really bad chest infections and were coughing up gank all the time. So to save himself going to the toilet to cough up greeners, Dave was spitting them into a 7up bottle next to his bed. The next night we were drinking and the lad who was in the other room with his girlfriend came in and was looking for something to mix his vodka and coke into, and found the bottle of greeners without any of us noticing. After he drank about three quarters of the thing he started saying that his drink tasted foamy, and kinda thick or something, then it dawned on the three of us that he'd just drank most of Dave's greeners from the night before. I actually felt genuine disgust in every part of my body

Oh my God! :eek:

That could well go into the "Scummiest thing you've ever seen thread".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

i bought a sandwhich of a vendor in an underground station in berlin, **** me it was disgusting, think it was some sort of miced uncooked meat

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

A huge raw whelk in front of a bunch of old fishermen in a pub I was working in in Jersey a few years ago. They were all staring at the young Irish barman (me) to see if he could hack it! Took some doing to get it down and keep it there I'll tell you.

http://www.seafriends.org.nz/enviro/Habitat/f051604t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

cashback wrote: »
    Bit into a seasickness tablet when I was about ten because I used to hate swallowing them and it was fairly big and cylindrical.
    The taste of what was inside is what it must be like to swallow the contents of an ashtray. It still almost makes me heave just thinking about it.

Oh man... you just brought up a memory I had managed to hide !!

There is something completely wrong about the taste of seasickness tablets

I feel sick now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Agricola wrote: »
    Steak Tartare -

http://i13.tinypic.com/2cxc46d.jpg

Yes, that is raw meat with an egg. I still get nauscious thinking about it.

Oh loving this, yummy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I was playing a game of kings and I had to drink the end of an ash-can. I puked everywhere.

After that, it would have to be Budweiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Prawns, ugh! No more cheese and wine receptions for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

my mates ma used to make a coddle..... tasted like it fell out of a dogs arse... didnt look much better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

Crocodile Jerky and crickets with salt and peppered flavour. The crickets didn't taste too bad actually. Crocodile however, was a different story. Had to drink loads of water to get rid of the taste of it !

Advertisement