Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current TSB Tracker Rate

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am coming of a fixed rate mortgage with TSB and have been offered a number of options including a tracker rate. However, after reading previous posts it seems that the Tracker rate I am being offered is very high at 3.25% + ECB rate totaling 4.25%. I have plenty of equity in the house > 100% of the loan value. Has anyone had similar offers from the TSB recently and what was the outcome?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

that's correct. The current tracker is a non-negotiable ecb+3.25%. You'll prob be offered a variable rate of 3.55 or so but you ought to check your t&c's for a price promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not quite sure what you mean by " I have plenty of equity in the house > 100% of the loan value." What exactly is the current LTV? Have you had it recently valued (ie an accurate value in today's market)?

If your LTV is low (<80%), then you can expect Variable rates circa 2.25%-2.75% from AIB/BOI which is a considerable saving on what PTSB want to charge you.

However, if your LTV is too high, you will find it difficult trying to find another bank willing to take on the mortgage.

Advertisement