Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Rant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

What do you get when you have Fifa 10, 60% posession, 15 shots and 8 corners???

Another loss becuase stupid EA have decided to make the game noob friendly and arse up the defence system that worked perfectly well for the past two years.....

The sad reality is attacking play is not rewarded. Even when I play ultra dfensive my centre backs make retarded forward runs and leve the goal unprotected for a through ball which is ridiculously easy.

I find with Fifa 10 the worse I play the better chance I have of winning. Thats my tip. Don't try any stylish play, just play crap and you'll win. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Torres is just as good as any striker on this game. Gerrard too has a tendancy to score from anywhere inside the attacking half.

And Rondolfus, i disagree with everything you said. Maybe take FIFA 10 back to the shop and ask for a new copy as you clearly got a defective one.

Just played another match there and guess what the Ref intercepted 4 of my passes. 2 of which led to the opposition scoring...

Lost 2-1. Again I had 61% and 13 shots. My opponent had 2 shots and won with 40% . Thanks in no small part to the stupid ref glitch!!

Seriously this happening once or twice is acceptable, but its happening every second game!!

I was ranked in top 1000 in fifa 09 and now Im on a 6 game losing streak??? I know many others who are in the same position as me. It seems that the players that were good last year are being punished by this glitch infested piece of ****. Don't get me started on the offside shambles!!

Seriously thinking about PES now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I like the game over all but it does have its flaws (i.e. defending and dodgy penalties etc). A couple of minor things that have pissed me off are the commentary (they seem to behind the play alot of the time and get some decisions totally wrong) and the use of a white ball in snowy conditions in Manager Mode.

Hopefully EA bring out a load of updates for this in the next month or two because it's a far from perfect game even though I am enjoying it so far.

Yea! Another loss. This time my centre backs were hugging each other on one side of the pitch. Then they ran into the ref and fell over. The two of them!!!! Anyone who thinks this game is better than 09 is delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Rondolfus wrote: »
    Just played another match there and guess what the Ref intercepted 4 of my passes. 2 of which led to the opposition scoring...

Lost 2-1. Again I had 61% and 13 shots. My opponent had 2 shots and won with 40% . Thanks in no small part to the stupid ref glitch!!

Seriously this happening once or twice is acceptable, but its happening every second game!!

I was ranked in top 1000 in fifa 09 and now Im on a 6 game losing streak??? I know many others who are in the same position as me. It seems that the players that were good last year are being punished by this glitch infested piece of ****. Don't get me started on the offside shambles!!

Seriously thinking about PES now.

Stop passing the ref the ball? FIFA is trying to go more realistic - so if you keep kicking the ball at him, it's going to keep hitting him. As Kirby said, players need to adjust - your point about being in the top 1000 and now losing 6 in a row shows this. ANY game can be great when you are doing well at it. No one likes to lose but it's time to stop blaming everything else...

🤪

Well Rondolfus, i suggest you buy PES then. If losing is going to upset you this much, then dont play.

Just because you were good at 09 doesnt mean you should be good at 10, its a new game. What your saying is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'd have to agree with Rondulf on his point related to the referee. I said the same thing when PES was introducing 'diving'. The game shouldn't replicate the bad aspects of real football, and the referee interfering with play is definitely part of football which should be eradicated (it's enough they that award United and Liverpool wins without touching the ball).

The referees are a gripe in this game, because not alone do they interfere with the ball, but the game doesn't change the kit of the ref relative to the teams playing. I haven't tested it extensively enough to know if the ref has one or many kits and if it's arbitrarily chosen or based upon a specific factor, what stadium you're playing in et cetera, but I do know that all of the time my friends or I chose to play in a dark-coloured shirt (Barcelona home jersey for example), we'd be at a disadvantage over the other player because the ref was in a dark kit. It's extremely lucky that the game has three kits for the major teams (I can't verify the others), because in competition, one player would had have to been at a disadvantage if both players were choosing the same team: if the game didn't have the pink Barcelona jersey, one would be obligated to choose the dark-coloured home jersey and be at a possible disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah come off it joe. Torres is just as overpowered in Fifa 10 as he was in last years. He is godlike in this.

Its only week 2 guys. We have a year with this game. A bit of perspective. You are going to get better with time. Most of the "serious engine flaws!!!11!" are just poor play on our part.

I get frustrated like most of you, and bitch and moan and shout at the screen at loads of certain aspects. Unfair this, and Injustice that. But its always my own fault.

If you are getting skinned, you are being too eagre.
    If you are getting outmuscled, you are going in with a weaker player.
    If you are getting ping-pong passed to death, then you aren't defending well enough. Turn down the auto-switching and control your defenders to intercept the one touch passing.

If he is pinging it around constantly, he is being predictable. He isn't thinking about it and its just instinct or scripted on his part. You should know where he is going to put it 5 seconds before he does, and be able to move a player in to recieve it.

Your wrong about Torres. He gets shoved off the ball way to easy. And his shooting is terrible. I mean youll be 6 yards in front of goal and hel put it wide.

Why is it when Ive used Chelsea or Barca I can seem to score loads of goals with Drogba and Ibriamovich. They never get shoved off the ball and even when being jostled they can still score.

Wait till you play the people at rank 20 who constantly use the barcas and madrids. There players are too quick and with passes now constantly slipping through your defence. Its terrible. One touch passing with the Madrids is impossible defend against with weaker sides.

Goalkeepers are awful this year. They stare at everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Surely people can pick Madrid or Barca on any level!? Whats the big deal with being on a higher level!?

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Surely people can pick Madrid or Barca on any level!? Whats the big deal with being on a higher level!?

Eh....because there are better players on higher levels??

I shouldnt HAVE to pick Madrid or Barca just so I can win a game online against someone else who picks a Madrid or Barca. Theres a flaw in that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I agree with everything joe is saying here, I just played Wolves(me) v Burnley went down 4-1 and in the end sent a friend request to the opponent. Great game and loved it got beat fair and square goals had to be worked for. Poeple are saying to do a search with under 5 star teams but its very hard to get a game.

I think its time to set up a pre season league so we can all have some decent matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I picked this up friday for my little lad [and myself ofc :) ], straight away i set difficulty to pro, all assists to manual as i always do.
    No assisted through ball,crosses,shots etc, i want realism,im a realism junkie in every game i play, simracing,fps etc.
    Ive played 4-5 game so far against the cpu won 2 drew 1 and lost 2.

I fail to see why people complain about defending.
    Granted i didnt play enough of the last couple of fifa or pre evo titles to compare the defending directly and fairlyeven though i do have them simply because none seem to grab my attention to keep me coming back for more and more.
    fifa 10 has the potential to however.
    The game is outstanding imo.
    This morning i tried out be a pro and jaysus it was brilliant the one game i played.
    Im hoping to get more time over the next few weeks to give it a right go but so far i think its a pretty damn impressive kickabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We have a club set up online where we play together with all our be a pro players. Its great fun. You should join it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Here's a story from way back in PES5 times.

I joined the Pro Evo party late, and a couple of my mates were already great at the game from playing previous versions for years.

I was being beaten very badly most games and noticed how my defenders seemed to have a mind of their own. Running away from the problem and creating big gaps. This didn't bother me that much to start with as I was new and expected to be crap.

But after a few weeks of playing and me improving, the problem was still there. I was great going forward. But when they counter-attacked my defence parted like the red sea.

I was going mental. I knew how to play the game at this stage and knew how to close down well and take control of defenders to cut out passes early. But my damn defence had a mind of it's own and screwed me over.

I tried to take control of the centre backs faster to stop them running away, and although I could turn them back, they had already ran in the other direction enough to create the gap.

I tried setting my defence on ultra defensive. Didn't stop them parting. It was obviously just the rubbish game.

I blamed scripting. Oh how I blamed scripting heh. I blamed it with every expletive I knew. I branded the game as **** and was happy in the knowledge none of this was not my fault. I couldn't control my defence parting and creating great gaps. It was the "Moses Script". Out of my control.

And like people are doing now with FIFA 10. I let others know of this **** game and it's flaws on a PES forum I was part of.

But after I calmed down one day I seriously looked into my tactics. When I sat down with the tactics and thought of all my teams flaws. I noticed the auto-tactics on Arsenal had my full-backs running forward constantly and this was being exploited.

This led to my centre backs then being dragged all over the place and huge gaps were appearing down the middle and was the thing causing the mysterious "Moses Script" only Arsenal seemed to have.

So even though I had set my defence on ultra defensive, there was still an element of the tactics making the full-backs run forward. Leading to the centre backs having to cover and leaving a huge gap down the middle.

So, I made sure my full-backs wouldn't run forward. That alone solved 90% of the problem. Then I put two defensive midfielders deep just in front of my centre backs with the role set of covering the full-back position if for some reason the full-backs did go too far forward. That was it solved. My centre backs no longer had a reason to part like the red sea and I was finally enjoying the game.

I went from the worst defence to the best defence. I joined a very competitive online league and even the best players that could score at will, hated playing against me because they struggled to score against my defence.

I was doing great against all the very good players.

But then another problem hit me. Against poor players I would have 60%+ possession. Lots of chances. And generally make wallys out of them. But struggled to score. Winning maybe 1-0 or drawing 0-0. And these were the poorest players in the league that were getting beat 5 or 6 nil by all others in the top 4.

The reason for this was I was rubbish at finishing. I had concentrated so much on defending and keeping the ball, I hadn't got a lot of practice at finishing. So even though I walked all over these teams and had tons of one on ones with their keeper, I really struggled to win.

And I once again had a flip fest and blamed scripting. Forums were told of my knowledge of scripting in the game. And that it was simply down to the **** game that I wasn't scoring more and absolutely destroying these teams.

And, once again, after I calmed down, I went into practice mode for shooting and one on ones in the game.

I perfected my rounding of the keeper and my shot placement.

There we go. I became pretty lethal in front of goal and started getting the big wins I deserved.

Moral of the story; you will not be great at a new game straight away. Learn the flaws in your team and play around with tactics to fix them. Practice finishing and dribbling. A lot.

Nothing falls into place instantly. You have to be patient.

Just please stop posting statements saying FIFA 10 is **** and the ball always hits the ref, you are stopped from scoring by evil magic etc. It's most likely your bad play and bad tactics.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Super Post koHd

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

well said

koHd wrote: »
    Moral of the story; you will not be great at a new game straight away. Learn the flaws in your team and play around with tactics to fix them

What tactic would you recommend to stop the Ref wearing the same kit as my team? I won't risk wearing the home Barca Kit anymore because half the time the ref also decides to wear the home Barca kit. I actually think the Ref wants to be a player which explains why he refuses to step over the ball when he's in the way of a pass.

Possibly one of the most annoying and stupid things I have ever come across in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Rondolfus wrote: »
    What tactic would you recommend to stop the Ref wearing the same kit as my team? I won't risk wearing the home Barca Kit anymore becuase half the time the ref also decides to wear the home Barca kit. I actually think the Ref wants to be a player which explains why he refuses to step over the ball when he's in the way of a pass.

Possibly one of the most annoying and stupid things I have ever come across in game.

Have to admit I've never had that problem.

Would be an annoyance alright.

If that issue is there it's a serious one and I'm sure they'll be put under pressure to fix it ASAP with an update.

The way to look at it is, if its "the games fault" for bad defending, surely both players suffer and it would be 9-8 or 7-5. If your getting beat 6-0 im sure the other guy isnt complaining about the defending.

• Advertisement

Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh...Im not going to keep defending myself on here about the game.

And before anyone suggests. Ive tested this numerous ways. Id pick Liverpool against them and get absolutely pasted. Rematch Id pick one of the top 4 and have a good game and usually win.

Ive tested tactics, ive tested LOTS of tactics.

Its simple. At a high level in Fifa 10 you simply HAVE to pick one of the top 4 (Madrid/Barca/Chelsea/Inter) to beat one of the top 4. And thats the way it is unfortunately.

Online is all ive used in fifa. Ive not even used any of the other features. Id say ive about 160 games online under my belt now.

All il say is come back to me when your around the Rank 20s. Play someone on that level who picks Madrid and you pick not one of either Chelsea,Barca,Inter or Madrid.

Then you will see. Oh how you will see.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The way to look at it is, if its "the games fault" for bad defending, surely both players suffer and it would be 9-8 or 7-5. If your getting beat 6-0 im sure the other guy isnt complaining about the defending.

Not exactly true. If a player has been playing a certain style for the best part of two years, his play becomes automatic and natural. The vast majority of complaints about Fifa on this site and other internet discussion forums are coming from experienced fifa players.

These players find it difficult to change their style of play, when it has become almost second nature to them. The defence is the main issue because the system has been totally changed. Some experiences players are finding it difficult to get out of the habits that they developed over the past two years.

Newer players to the game, or those that have less experience points, are finding it easier to adapt to the new game becuase they don't have to get out of old habits.

I much prefer playing people with a lot of experience points in Fifa 10 becuase I know they are at the same disadvantage as me. It may take a few months for such players to become accustomed to the new style of play. Then I'm sure the rankings will change dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Good point in that last post Rondolfus about how it's players who were good on FIFA 09 struggling with FIFA 10. I had similar trouble going for PES 5 to PES 6. I was excellent at PES 5 but my style of play and patterns of passing were so ingrained that I failed utterly to adapt to a new version. I got so frustrated with it that I just stopped playing football games for a few months and then started all over again from scratch.

I think in any football game once it gets to a competitive level you just have to pick a top side if your opponent does. There's no way around it. Unranked games are there for playing as lower level teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I like the mode were you control a single created player but if you get stuck with a bunch of crappy jobbers you'll get hammered like 9 - 0. Haven't got to the 11 v 11 online yet. Might start that today.

Also why would anyone pick Barca all the time? Or Real? You'll win a lot but can you say monotonous? The best game I've ever had online was an end to end classic between Fulham(me) and Bolton I think it was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just got sacked even though I was top of the league won 18 drew 6 loat one game and they sacked me :confused: also sometimes after halftime one of my players will get a yellow card for no reason :confused: has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

anyone else having hassle with the keepers, I've scored bucket loads of chip goals as the keepers are coming off their lines without any calling them out, it's happening to my own teams when I play the keeper coming out miles when ye don't want them to.....maybe I'm missing something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

markfla wrote: »
    anyone else having hassle with the keepers, I've scored bucket loads of chip goals as the keepers are coming off their lines without any calling them out, it's happening to my own teams when I play the keeper coming out miles when ye don't want them to.....maybe I'm missing something

Double tap triangle or the xbox equivilant,that is supposed to keep the keeper on his line....or so the manual says

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

joe123 wrote: »
    Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh...Im not going to keep defending myself on here about the game.

And before anyone suggests. Ive tested this numerous ways. Id pick Liverpool against them and get absolutely pasted. Rematch Id pick one of the top 4 and have a good game and usually win.

Ive tested tactics, ive tested LOTS of tactics.

Its simple. At a high level in Fifa 10 you simply HAVE to pick one of the top 4 (Madrid/Barca/Chelsea/Inter) to beat one of the top 4. And thats the way it is unfortunately.

Online is all ive used in fifa. Ive not even used any of the other features. Id say ive about 160 games online under my belt now.

All il say is come back to me when your around the Rank 20s. Play someone on that level who picks Madrid and you pick not one of either Chelsea,Barca,Inter or Madrid.

Then you will see. Oh how you will see.

Have to agree 100% with this. I only play online and had been playing with Liverpool only and was struggling any time I played Madrid or Barca (which was most of the time). Played my first game with Madrid and it was so much easier, Ronaldo and Benzema are unbelievable they are way stronger and faster then Torres... Ronaldo especially, Liverpool are brutal in the game compared to them and it pi**ses me off!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Actually just seen online there that Torres is the face of Pro Evo 2010... might explain why he is so sh*t in the game. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Might as well have a rant. I like the game. Has a great look and feel to it(music is beyond bad but hey can't have it all) but I'm playing online 11 v 11 and....same old story. Barcalona/Real Madrid V whoever you pick.

Players hiding behind 5 star teams has been an issue for a while. It takes away incentive to learn how to play the game. People rely on high stat players to get by. I played a guy the other day, he was Brazil and I was Ireland, got a 2 - 2 draw out of it. Then for a challenge it was Real(some jobber) vs Bohs(me)....and that ended 3 - 3! Now I just pick Chelsea and use the bigger, stronger squad to beat the likes of Real and Barca. But the problem is it gets boring!!! The best game I've played was Ajax vs Sunderland(me). It ended 15 - 16 on penos. So please everyone......pick Burnley, Stoke or Scuntorpe and end this 5 star monopoly.

Advertisement