Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Rant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Prufrock wrote: »
    Might as well have a rant. I like the game. Has a great look and feel to it(music is beyond bad but hey can't have it all) but I'm playing online 11 v 11 and....same old story. Barcalona/Real Madrid V whoever you pick.

Players hiding behind 5 star teams has been an issue for a while. It takes away incentive to learn how to play the game. People rely on high stat players to get by. I played a guy the other day, he was Brazil and I was Ireland, got a 2 - 2 draw out of it. Then for a challenge it was Real(some jobber) vs Bohs(me)....and that ended 3 - 3! Now I just pick Chelsea and use the bigger, stronger squad to beat the likes of Real and Barca. But the problem is it gets boring!!! The best game I've played was Ajax vs Sunderland(me). It ended 15 - 16 on penos. So please everyone......pick Burnley, Stoke or Scuntorpe and end this 5 star monopoly.

Oh just give it up already. I hate this attitude. The majority of players are going to pick the big teams because they're more fun to play with.

Can you not understand that or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,120 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with Rondulf on his point related to the referee. I said the same thing when PES was introducing 'diving'. The game shouldn't replicate the bad aspects of real football, and the referee interfering with play is definitely part of football which should be eradicated (it's enough they that award United and Liverpool wins without touching the ball).

The referees are a gripe in this game, because not alone do they interfere with the ball, but the game doesn't change the kit of the ref relative to the teams playing. I haven't tested it extensively enough to know if the ref has one or many kits and if it's arbitrarily chosen or based upon a specific factor, what stadium you're playing in et cetera, but I do know that all of the time my friends or I chose to play in a dark-coloured shirt (Barcelona home jersey for example), we'd be at a disadvantage over the other player because the ref was in a dark kit. It's extremely lucky that the game has three kits for the major teams (I can't verify the others), because in competition, one player would had have to been at a disadvantage if both players were choosing the same team: if the game didn't have the pink Barcelona jersey, one would be obligated to choose the dark-coloured home jersey and be at a possible disadvantage.

I know what you mean about the kits, I was playing manager mode in the Oz leage *did that to get the none sim game as its the shortest League season* but i was playing as Wellington and had to play every game in my away kit.

Wellingtons home kit is Yellow and Black stripes with black shorts and socks and each time i wore it the ref was wearing a yellow shirt with black shorts and socks

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

m83 wrote: »
    Oh just give it up already. I hate this attitude. The majority of players are going to pick the big teams because they're more fun to play with.

Does it not get boring playing the same teams over and over though? There are over 500 teams in fifa and I'd like to use more than 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Prufrock wrote: »
    Does it not get boring playing the same teams over and over though? There are over 500 teams in fifa and I'd like to use more than 5 or 6.

agreed..every person i'd seen using the top 5 had fúckall skill...they just rely on speed to get goals.
    The best game I ever played was some guy who used a 3 or 4 star team against Newcastle (me).
    He absolutely destroyed me..but did I care? nope...he had fantastic skill...passed the ball around, did the tricks etc and it was joy to watch as I learnt a lot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Have to say that any game I've lost has been my fault completely, personally I don't blame the game - there's always a way to stop people who play as barca or madrid, if all else fails outscore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

m83 wrote: »

I hate your attitude. I support Liverpool so I love picking them. Outside of them Ive picked the likes of Wolfsbourg,Napoli and a few of the weaker English sides.

The amount of so called United fans youd think theyd love picking their team. But nope more Barca/Madrid please.

Why pick the best teams? There is no challenge at all. Some of the best games ive had are when Im Liverpool v a team outside of Inter/Madrid/Barca/Chelsea

or the Napolis vs other 4 star teams. You cant just give the ball to drogba or Ibriamovich and waltz the ball through.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it just me or is harder to sign player,I tryed to sign auguero of atletico madrid and bidded 60 million for him and they still turned down my offer :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

havent got online hooked up at the mo but the teams ive been playing with are,
    wolfsburg, fenerbache, lyon, west ham and even stoke, fulham & sparta prague so far.

great game imo
    stop holding the pressure button for defending so much and see how your defence changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is it just me or is harder to sign player,I tryed to sign auguero of atletico madrid and bidded 60 million for him and they still turned down my offer :confused:.

I'm finding it ridiculously hard to sign players, i'm with Real Betis, got promoted to the premier league in Spain, can't sign anyone at all. Never get any reasons why either! The scout is finding some absolute crackers though so it's not all bad. Two class keepers (80 + 86 ratings) and two midfielders (83 + 79 ratings) this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

The amount of bios in your post is actually ridiculous.
    joe123 wrote: »
    I hate your attitude. I support Liverpool so I love picking them. Outside of them Ive picked the likes of Wolfsbourg,Napoli and a few of the weaker English sides.
    The amount of so called United fans youd think theyd love picking their team. But nope more Barca/Madrid please.

I suppose a Liverpool fan has never picked Barca or Madrid, right?

You've picked Wolfsborg, does that mean you are not a Liverpool fan?

I could pick United 99 times out of 100 and just happen to pick Barca the one time I play you, just for a change. Does that mean I'm not a United fan?

I played most of my games as Schalke in FIFA 09. Does that mean I'm not a United fan, no. It means I wanted a change. If you find a team you enjoy playing as, then good luck.

Throwing labels around at fans, just because you support a rival team is a massive, massive load of rubbish.
    Why pick the best teams? There is no challenge at all. Some of the best games ive had are when Im Liverpool v a team outside of Inter/Madrid/Barca/Chelsea

Why pick the best teams? Good question. Oh, as highlighted above you pick Liverpool who are 5 star, right?
    You cant just give the ball to drogba or Ibriamovich and waltz the ball through.

Torres isn't great, I bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You've done the usual, like putting your negotiator up to at least 8? And if you get the player to about 70% interest in your club you should get him? He came to me for 28million quid. Get the player happy, not the club ;-)

Or maybe he just doesnt like you? Did you sleep with his sister or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Whoops, I thought it would show I had an interest in his family life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

:mad::mad::mad: Just got sacked 10 games from the end of the season in manager mode, using everton, I had just won the league cup and was in 5th place in the league 8 points behind the leaders with 4 games in hand :mad: I was 12 games unbeaten at that point with the board confidence meter 3/4 full when after going out of the FA Cup to arsenal the board confidence meter went to almost empty, I beat burnley in my next league game but was sacked anyway. Restarted the game as manager of Fiorentina and almost exactly the same thing happened, You get sacked for dropping out of the top 4 yet the only reason you drop out of the top 4 is because every other team has played 4 or 5 more games than you.

An annoyance about the gameplay is the lack of consistency in certain parts, for example, I've lost count of the number of times a player has missed an open goal shot from inside the 6 yard box. A soft tap on the shoot button from anywhere else on the pitch results in a low weak shot but do the same in front of goal and the ball clears the roof of even Wembley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You've done the usual, like putting your negotiator up to at least 8? And if you get the player to about 70% interest in your club you should get him? He came to me for 28million quid. Get the player happy, not the club ;-)

I'll try the negotiator thing,never thought of that,as for sleeping with his sister it was a one night stand ;-).

:mad::mad::mad: Just got sacked 10 games from the end of the season in manager mode, using everton, I had just won the league cup and was in 5th place in the league 8 points behind the leaders with 4 games in hand :mad: I was 12 games unbeaten at that point with the board confidence meter 3/4 full when after going out of the FA Cup to arsenal the board confidence meter went to almost empty, I beat burnley in my next league game but was sacked anyway. Restarted the game as manager of Fiorentina and almost exactly the same thing happened, You get sacked for dropping out of the top 4 yet the only reason you drop out of the top 4 is because every other team has played 4 or 5 more games than you.

An annoyance about the gameplay is the lack of consistency in certain parts, for example, I've lost count of the number of times a player has missed an open goal shot from inside the 6 yard box. A soft tap on the shoot button from anywhere else on the pitch results in a low weak shot but do the same in front of goal and the ball clears the roof of even Wembley.

Same thing happened to me,really annoying.

Am i the only one who cant purchase live season?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Live Season is back Saturday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Right I've played enough of this game now to realise it's quite shít. Anyone who thinks it's better than 09 is deluding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Right I've played enough of this game now to realise it's quite shít. Anyone who thinks it's better than 09 is deluding themselves.

You're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

The game engine itself when working correctly is a big improvement. But there are lots of stupid little things that are more annoying. Manager of dundalk and now dagenham but unable to buy any players it either says "does not see your club as prestigious enough" or "doesnt think he'll get into your team" I mean WFT. And the amount of time I in adventantly pass to the opposition who happens to be running towards my goal and ends up scoring. The free kicks where if you concede one they score no matter who your playing is a pain. Thanks all for now. End of rant. Sorry folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

if i win a corner, i am more worried about defending from the counter attack than the scoring opportunity it gives me. It is far too easy to leg it up the pitch and score when u get one against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Manager of dundalk and now dagenham but unable to buy any players it either says "does not see your club as prestigious enough" or "doesnt think he'll get into your team" I mean WFT.

I'm manager of Corinthians and had the same problem, but then I started to up the wages I offered them and they joined, maybe it would be the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm manager of Corinthians and had the same problem, but then I started to up the wages I offered them and they joined, maybe it would be the same for you?

Thats a good idea wil give it a go. Just so frustrating as I've got the bare minimum squad and trying to rotate in the only fit players to stop injuries but I still get some as I've not got enought players to give players a rest. My sub goalkeeper has appearences all across my team and has even had a shot against the bar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

pipeliner wrote: »
    if i win a corner, i am more worried about defending from the counter attack than the scoring opportunity it gives me. It is far too easy to leg it up the pitch and score when u get one against you.

Never happened to me. What tactics and strategies are you using? You should check to see if you have enough players playing with a defensive mindset.

Although I do think FIFA is lacking in options for tactics and strategies. It would be great if it just copied the Football Manager model. You can set so much in that game, right down to what a player should do when you get a corner; attack near post, back post, stay edge of the area or stay back and defend.

Surely that wouldn't be too difficult to implement for EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

If you play on World Class or above, and concede a freekick within 25 yards of your goal, 9 times out of 10, the computer will score. :mad:

FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

SRFC90 wrote: »
    If you play on World Class or above, and concede a freekick within 25 yards of your goal, 9 times out of 10, the computer will score. :mad:

FACT

I have played 34 games of a manager mode and 27 games of Be A Pro on World Class difficulty and i have conceded 1 goal from a free kick. And that was in a Be A Pro game where i didnt make the foul.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

has anybody else's keeper been blocked kicking out the ball by opposition strikers and lose a goal to it so far i've lost two games because of this! Apart from that small glitch its a brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

madheaded wrote: »
    has anybody else's keeper been blocked kicking out the ball by opposition strikers and lose a goal to it so far i've lost two games because of this! Apart from that small glitch its a brilliant game

Yeah something like that happened to me too except when I went to kick it out my own defender got in the way and I lost a goal as a result:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

madheaded wrote: »

I wouldn't really call it a glitch, what do you expect if your keeper kicks a ball at an opposing player? For it to go through him? unless 'Casper The Freindly Ghost' is the opposition player in question then these things happen in reality:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I must say I'm baffled by the levels of stupidity I'm experiencing online. I only play unranked matches, thinking I'll meet people who are more about a laugh than worried about a ranking.
    So picking teams is a constant nightmare, it seems like certain people would like to pick your team also. Right, so I go into my game,they have their team e.g Marseilles, I like to pick Milan a four and a half star team, oh no they won't play a 4 and a half star v a 4 and a half star, so I pick someone else like Spurs and yes they'll play.
    Another example I'll have Milan picked they'll have theirs and at the last second they'll rush to Barca/Real. Do they not realise I can change then do?
    Then I'll join a game, the opponent will move off their fav team and pick someone else, I had just had someone go to Chelsea, I pick Milan, oh no they won't play so I just went to Real to see what they'd do,they stayed still for a while and left. These examples are constant.
    Why oh why would you go into unranked games and not play certain teams? Then the amount of quitting is extraordinary, really is.
    I've got one decent game all night, even then that wasn't great. I had a lower star team, I never celebrated a goal, then he scores one, is going around like a mad man after Kaka out paces one of my defenders.
    Also people going 1-0 up and then passing it around the back in UNRANKED games.
    The level of clownery is unreal.
    Looks like I'll have to play Ranked games to try them out, even though last year I stopped playing Ranked games due to quitters.

Advertisement