Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Rant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I have played 34 games of a manager mode and 27 games of Be A Pro on World Class difficulty and i have conceded 1 goal from a free kick. And that was in a Be A Pro game where i didnt make the foul.

:confused:

Maybe its just me. They always score.

Conceded 3 from them in 2 games the other day and can remember plenty of other instances when they score.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

JokerD wrote: »
    I must say I'm baffled by the levels of stupidity I'm experiencing online. I only play unranked matches, thinking I'll meet people who are more about a laugh than worried about a ranking.
    So picking teams is a constant nightmare, it seems like certain people would like to pick your team also. Right, so I go into my game,they have their team e.g Marseilles, I like to pick Milan a four and a half star team, oh no they won't play a 4 and a half star v a 4 and a half star, so I pick someone else like Spurs and yes they'll play.
    Another example I'll have Milan picked they'll have theirs and at the last second they'll rush to Barca/Real. Do they not realise I can change then do?
    Then I'll join a game, the opponent will move off their fav team and pick someone else, I had just had someone go to Chelsea, I pick Milan, oh no they won't play so I just went to Real to see what they'd do,they stayed still for a while and left. These examples are constant.
    Why oh why would you go into unranked games and not play certain teams? Then the amount of quitting is extraordinary, really is.
    I've got one decent game all night, even then that wasn't great. I had a lower star team, I never celebrated a goal, then he scores one, is going around like a mad man after Kaka out paces one of my defenders.
    Also people going 1-0 up and then passing it around the back in UNRANKED games.
    The level of clownery is unreal.
    Looks like I'll have to play Ranked games to try them out, even though last year I stopped playing Ranked games due to quitters.

Wah Wah Wah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

gaz15 wrote: »
    Wah Wah Wah!!!

hmmm. thats a very interesting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Play friends, it's easier. Ranked or Unranked: People want to win.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

And there i was thinking it was me that was **** at defending, have played close on 100 online ranked games and unlike Fifa 09, this game does not depend on the ability of the person it's the ability of the team you choose. 9 times out of 10 i'll choose Liverpool, so the opposing player will go 5 star, Barca or Chelsea which is fair enough, my defending is then piss poor, no matter what formation or tactics i try, so i'll get beat 4/5-0, then they'll rematch and pick another 5 star team, say Utd and i'll win 4/5-0. Fecking daft. I do think this is a great game, but someone at EA decided to make the big teams invincible, i think they should put in a patch that you can only use the big teams until you get to a certain level, after that you actually have to try and play the game, or you start at a 1 star and have to work your way up to 5 star, always playing someone of equal status. Plus the whole quitting game option, there should be some penalty for this. Also, just on some of the posts above, who doesn't play to win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

vanman99 wrote: »
    i think they should put in a patch that you can only use the big teams until you get to a certain level, after that you actually have to try and play the game, or you start at a 1 star and have to work your way up to 5 star, always playing someone of equal status.

Interesting idea! they'll never go for it but i like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

And there i was thinking it was me that was **** at defending, have played close on 100 online ranked games and unlike Fifa 09, this game does not depend on the ability of the person it's the ability of the team you choose. 9 times out of 10 i'll choose Liverpool, so the opposing player will go 5 star, Barca or Chelsea which is fair enough, my defending is then piss poor, no matter what formation or tactics i try, so i'll get beat 4/5-0, then they'll rematch and pick another 5 star team, say Utd and i'll win 4/5-0. Fecking daft. I do think this is a great game, but someone at EA decided to make the big teams invincible, i think they should put in a patch that you can only use the big teams until you get to a certain level, after that you actually have to try and play the game, or you start at a 1 star and have to work your way up to 5 star, always playing someone of equal status. Plus the whole quitting game option, there should be some penalty for this. Also, just on some of the posts above, who doesn't play to win?[/quote]

I don't think anyone is implying this, what I questioned was the manner and lenghts in which certain people go to in order to get a win that won't even be counted. I've no problem in people wanting to win but don't like the fact that they'll pick their 5* team against your lower star and run off crying when they are been beaten. Once again, I know people play to win and I want to win as much as the next guy but I won't start passing the ball around the back for the remainder of a game when I'm winning. At the end of the day its a game but I get a little annoyed when my time is wasted by sore losers. I played for 2 and a half hours the other night and got 2 games where the opponent didn't either quit or wouldn't play AC Milan:rolleyes:. Last night was riddled with quitters too, I played some guy, he went 2-0 up and gave every celebration in the book, I came back to 2-2, no celebrations and he cried off in an UNRANKED game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Joker D, look me up later tonight, i'll play ranked or unranked, i despise the quitting option and want to experiment with all teams in all leagues, as long as you don't pick barca every time...:D

Joker D, look me up later tonight, i'll play ranked or unranked, i despise the quitting option and want to experiment with all teams in all leagues, as long as you don't pick barca every time...:D

I played one game online with Barca this year and that was only after I picked Milan and at the last sec my opponent ran to Real, so I said ok I'll pick Barca, while I was on my way to Barca he started hitting ready, not ready, ready, not ready, you know what I mean, and he had taking an age to pick his team:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭mossie

Looks like I'll have to play Ranked games to try them out, even though last year I stopped playing Ranked games due to quitters.

I have never played online until this year. Played two ranking games last night and had problems. First game was dominating, my opponent had a player sent off and quit immediately. Second game was 0-2 down, got back to 2-2 and wasdominating when the guy quit. Pretty frustrating. Is there any system to stop this happening, like points deductions or banning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

I find this simple to be honest. Just setup a custom ranked match with the DNF at 10% or lower. Havent had a quitter in weeks. Well the odd 1 but you get the 3-0 win anyway so i dont care. But this defo reduces the amount you get.

mossie wrote: »
    I have never played online until this year. Played two ranking games last night and had problems. First game was dominating, my opponent had a player sent off and quit immediately. Second game was 0-2 down, got back to 2-2 and wasdominating when the guy quit. Pretty frustrating. Is there any system to stop this happening, like points deductions or banning?

Unfortunately nothing we can do but give them a bad rep for quitting early but who cares about their rep in all honesty? Or you could send them a message enticing them into a rematch, I've done this and have got rematches on many occasions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ok I'm at my wits end. No matter how strong the player I am controlling I am easily getting knocked off the ball and losing jostles in the air... someone tell me what ****ing button I have to press to shoulder/jostle? So frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

And there i was thinking it was me that was **** at defending, have played close on 100 online ranked games and unlike Fifa 09, this game does not depend on the ability of the person it's the ability of the team you choose. 9 times out of 10 i'll choose Liverpool, so the opposing player will go 5 star, Barca or Chelsea which is fair enough, my defending is then piss poor, no matter what formation or tactics i try, so i'll get beat 4/5-0, then they'll rematch and pick another 5 star team, say Utd and i'll win 4/5-0. Fecking daft. I do think this is a great game, but someone at EA decided to make the big teams invincible, i think they should put in a patch that you can only use the big teams until you get to a certain level, after that you actually have to try and play the game, or you start at a 1 star and have to work your way up to 5 star, always playing someone of equal status. Plus the whole quitting game option, there should be some penalty for this. Also, just on some of the posts above, who doesn't play to win?

Yep there is such a gulf in some of the teams its crazy. Theres also something else to look out for now. The live season form updates. Any team that has improved stats in the live weekly updates are near impossible play against.

Chelseas stats at the moment are something like 92 attack 85 midfield 86 defence. Compare that of liverpool (not live updated) 83.80 and 80. The gulf is huge but whats even more annoying is say your in a tussle with one of the chelsea players the ball will ALWAYS bounce in favour of them. Their players ALWAYS have a better chance of scoring and simply its like playing a division 1 side against a top team.

They have made the game more new user friendly imo. Its not untill you get a decent match up say Liverpool v Man United or City where you can have a good game this year any match that doesnt include Inter,Madrid,Barca or Chelsea basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

hi guys,
    I have found fifa10 to be frustrating as there is no consistancy with what is going on. one game i beat any of the top 8 in the PL and then draw with another team0-0 , then beat them easy in the second game. still cant get a good enough connection to play online(cheers upc) can only live the lounge life with all my liverpool rivals :)

all the above problems have me thinking of going back to 09.
    lazy programming ba$tards. its like a 1st year project submitted late( which reminds me, i better get mine in, if this is the new standard)

will give it a bit of time, but no REAL expectations. :)
    good luck.

congrats joe 123/Kirk on the league title.

I had a little break from FIFA, turned it back on today to see thats its still the same. 5 GAMES 4 QUITTERS, every game I had a lower ranked team, including one game where a guy had practically a World XI, three of those I think quit before 30mins:rolleyes:

I had a little break from FIFA, turned it back on today to see thats its still the same. 5 GAMES 4 QUITTERS, every game I had a lower ranked team, including one game where a guy had practically a World XI, three of those I think quit before 30mins:rolleyes:

Do you just select random game? I never have this problem because i play people with a DNF % below 10.

Danow247 wrote: »
    Do you just select random game? I never have this problem because i play people with a DNF % below 10.

Yes as I couldn't find a game when I picked DNF % below 10%, but I'm pretty sure I have picked DNF % below 10% before and got the same treatmnet but not with as much regularity. Still though even on random its ridiculous

Yes as I couldn't find a game when I picked DNF % below 10%, but I'm pretty sure I have picked DNF % below 10% before and got the same treatmnet but not with as much regularity. Still though even on random its ridiculous

Yeah i sometimes get it alright, but i usually find a game ok below 10%.
    Very annoying though.

I think I might just have to play Pro Evo from now on, can't bear to touch the FIFA box after seen how Ireland were treated by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Taking things a bit too far. More likely, I won't pick a team with Digital Henry in it :p. That rules out France and Barca. Pity, coz I like Barca. Oh well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

14267_181015258167_566868167_2895438_5647118_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I'm so fúcking sick of quiters, last 3 prícks quit on me, was beating the first one 8-0, second one 4-0 and the last one 7-1, I know it's crap to get a hammering.....believe me I've been on the receiving end of many! but I can't progress my ranking with these tossers....to top it off my wireless headset died, battery won't charge at all!! arghh!!:mad: if anyone wants to play me my gamertag is Markfla, just quote boards when doing a friend request and I'll give ye a game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Maybe its just me. They always score.

Conceded 3 from them in 2 games the other day and can remember plenty of other instances when they score.

No. its not just you. This happens me too. Playing with Accrington against very average teams and any free kick in any way central from within 35 yards seems to go in everytime. :mad::mad:

If you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't seem to concede goals like this, do you guys move your wall or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

and again more quitters today, I'm actually having to hold back on some games...give them a goal or two to stop them quitting:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I hate that you can't sign players in the loi at the start you have to wait untill july then you win the league and your not in the champions league also you can't play champions league first season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KcKiid

Why are you being so smart...?

Typical United think they know it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Goalies are ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KcKiid

Does anyone know any good scout players...?

if do tell me how to get them???:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

and the defence can be dreadful at times!

Advertisement