Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Rant

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

why can't you go by a player in fifa? it's really quite annoying also when someone like paul mcshane beats agbonlahor for pace even when agbonlahor is a good few yards ahead of him - if the striker get anywhere near the goal, automatic move placement of defender in front of forward to receive the ball.

annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If one more fcuker online pauses the game to send me a message telling me that "I'm sh*t" I think I'm gonna go a bit mad.

Also when playing ranked matches against someone online, is it possible for your opponent to be playing with another person because recently I've noticed that, when I'm playing online, I see players who are off the ball being moved around in ways that the computer would never usually move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

That_Guy wrote: »

Also when playing ranked matches against someone online, is it possible for your opponent to be playing with another person because recently I've noticed that, when I'm playing online, I see players who are off the ball being moved around in ways that the computer would never usually move them.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

raheny red wrote: »
    Yup.

Does that not defeat the whole purpose really?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Servers are terrible and ref decisions questionable but still be a pro online is brilliant and for that is worth it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Why isnt there an orange ball when the weather conditions are snowy?
    there was in fifa 97!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

dan1895 wrote: »
    there was in fifa 97!!!

Yeah, that's a joke really. I don't come across snowy conditions that, very rarely in fact but when you do good luck in trying to having a decent game. What's even worse, playing against Liverpool in their away strip in those conditions is almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

dan1895 wrote: »
    there was in fifa 97!!!

What I don't get is that in the settings there is an options to select good load of different footballs with varying colours. But they won't change to one when its snowy. The referee getting in the way of my passing is starting to piss me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

If fifa left the innovation alone for one year and just concentrated on fixing all these glitches, fifa 11 would be a great game. so many good things about the game and so many bad things. Servers dropping you online during a game has to be one of the most frustrating things. and not getting skill points when the other player quits.
    I'm level 27 atm and even if im taking a hammering i dont quit. jst so maybe that time when im playen someone else and beating them well; they dont quit. FOR the good of the game! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

That_Guy wrote: »

You can play ranked matches with guests on ur machine, so you will often see a player off the ball making an unusual run, and often being caught at least 132 feet offside.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Sktchr

LakesKeane wrote: »
    . Servers dropping you online during a game has to be one of the most frustrating things. and not getting skill points when the other player quits.
    I'm level 27 atm and even if im taking a hammering i dont quit. jst so maybe that time when im playen someone else and beating them well; they dont quit. FOR the good of the game! :)

I saw this thread and that was exactly what I was thinking!!!:D

I hate when players quit just because they go a goal or two down early on! :mad: grrrrr

Although all this talk is giving me an itch to go play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Been putting a lot of time into FIFA but there are some complaints within the manager mode.

Could be better presented - take a leaf out of Football Manager's book for example (being able to apply for job positions / not stuck to end of year moves)

Cups with a second leg don't show the Agg. score it seems so you have to remember it yourself!

Glitch with clubs going €2bn in debt! Not fun...

Being offered a job after 5 years at one club (and success) only to be met with a newspaper stating that I'm inexperienced...

And for the same move ^^ Being met with the fact that the board had 50% confidence in me. Winning the friendlies didn't change anything but if I wanted to see my squad in action and ended up losing it dropped confidence.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Been putting a lot of time into FIFA but there are some complaints within the manager mode.

Could be better presented - take a leaf out of Football Manager's book for example (being able to apply for job positions / not stuck to end of year moves)

Cups with a second leg don't show the Agg. score it seems so you have to remember it yourself!

Glitch with clubs going €2bn in debt! Not fun...

Being offered a job after 5 years at one club (and success) only to be met with a newspaper stating that I'm inexperienced...

And for the same move ^^ Being met with the fact that the board had 50% confidence in me. Winning the friendlies didn't change anything but if I wanted to see my squad in action and ended up losing it dropped confidence.

Yea Manager Mode seems very half-a.ssed still.
    CPU teams not buying new players.
    Lack of a league cup in the league of ireland.
    No training mode.
    Juventus still playing in the old Delle Alpi pisses me off too.
    The absolute leprechaun of a referee in the league of ireland.
    Hopefully they will take a leaf out of Football Manager's book and make it much more in-depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Yea Manager Mode seems very half-a.ssed still.
    CPU teams not buying new players.
    Lack of a league cup in the league of ireland.
    No training mode.
    Juventus still playing in the old Delle Alpi pisses me off too.
    The absolute leprechaun of a referee in the league of ireland.
    Hopefully they will take a leaf out of Football Manager's book and make it much more in-depth.

Add to that No european football for LOI teams.
    They should include 2 LOI 1st division clubs for a change of teams after relegation.
    Also with 12 LOI teams, they can have an FAI Cup, with the top 4 in the league going into the QF and the other 8 playing each other in the 1st round, Similar to how the Scottish Cup works on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

People who quit after being betean but somehow the result is't recorded. Happenend me 3 games in a row, finished all games and suddenly they lost connection. Why are these results not counts on my record?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Animal Bar wrote: »
    People who quit after being betean but somehow the result is't recorded. Happenend me 3 games in a row, finished all games and suddenly they lost connection. Why are these results not counts on my record?
    This happens non-stop for me...pisses me off royally. At least when they just quit, you get awarded a 3-0 win, but when they disconnect, there is no result for the game. I was on just now for the first time in a while and just scored in the last minute to go 4-1 up. He then starts doing kick-ups in his own half and then....connection lost. Cnut. Really don't see the point of plying online anymore because you actually can't win a game with these assholes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

fullstop wrote: »
    . I was on just now for the first time in a while and just scored in the last minute to go 4-1 up. He then starts doing kick-ups in his own half and then....connection lost. Cnut. Really don't see the point of playing online anymore because you actually can't win a game with these assholes.

One of the many reasons why I haven't played a ranked game of Fifa in about 6 months. I only play Boardsies in friendlies now. I have decided that unless EA address this problem of quitters in FIFA 11, I would be buying it. Given someone a fcuking achievement in FIFA 10 for quitting 5 times while behind was a studid stupid idea.

Giving a player the option to hit start and select "Quit Game" during a Ranked match. Honestly, the mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Insane is not the word for it any more, Played last night....Lost 2-1 in a good game so replayed same teams (he got his points), went 2 nil up within 30 min....Connection Lost........AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Im going to start tracking these people down.

Qs. Playing Boards Friends

How do you play your friends? It keeps crashing when trying to pick teams. Does it work Non Ranked or something?

This came up before... personally i don't mind someone quitting as i don't like playing through a boring game where i'm 3+ ahead after 20mins.
    The problem is when you don't get the win :mad:, when they somehow manage to freeze it.

When i posted on this before some people were saying you shouldnt be able to quit full stop, i don't agree with that. I'll keep playing a game unless i'm completely out of sight without much time(say he's 5-0 up with 70mins gone), that seldom happens, but more so when some annoying **** takes a clear lead and starts letting EVERY bit of the replays/celebrations(in a tight match its fine, to annoy your opponent, but when your 2 goals+ clear it's another thing) run and passing it around his defence etc.... why should i be forced to finish those games?.

People quitting isn't an issue for me, no one likes sitting through a complete mismatch especially when logically you don't have too, and it suits me when i can move on to my next game. It's the issue of people avoiding the losses and sometimes even reversing them onto you :mad:.

And the one that gets me the most?, those ****s that leave the controller down and walk away leaving you with a 5-10 minute wait doing nothing to get your next game, i'd take a quitter ANY day over somebody like that, people should bare in mine there's a lot worse people can do then quit... mainly waste as much of your time as possible

Advertisement