Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make copies of a digital audio cd

• 07-10-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a cd that has video and music on it and I need to make copies of it - I can't do it.

I opened it up in windows media player thinking I could 'rip' it and then 'burn' it onto a disk but I couln't do it

I also tried copying the audio files and video files from the disk onto my desktop and then tried to copy them onto new disk but that wouldnt work either.

Now I feel like an idiot because I can't do such a simple task.

If anyone could be of assistance please.

Regards,
    T700

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Will the file play on the Desktop ?

I am nearly sure WMP won't burn a video and audio disc, Cause it won't burn video. Try burning a data cd. Cause it won't burn video.

Also I suggest better burning software than windows media player, plenty of free ones out there.

Nero is good unsure if its free or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

chances are your pc has Roxio software for burning, use the data disc option if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I think that Nero would also do it. Download a trial and give it a go.

Advertisement