Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bouncing in Cork

Options
  • 07-10-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

looking to do some bouncing, what are the rates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Do you have a PSA Licence?

Most work for Security Companies. You would be looking at around 12.50 an hour IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

15 and hour in Reardens

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

€12.50 in the classic from what I remember.

Man I'd love to go back and do a bit of bouncing again :pac:
    Riding a desk can be quiet boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Haha,
    I read the title of this thread and was wondering what the hell bouncing was...some sort of trampolining, zorbing sport? It didn't click at all what you were on about lol.

Sorry....continue with your discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Haha,
    I read the title of this thread and was wondering what the hell bouncing was...some sort of trampolining, zorbing sport? It didn't click at all what you were on about lol.

me too!
    I never knew a bouncer actually bounced! Not being smart or anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Interesting story I heard last night.
    One of the lads went up to a bouncer with an I.D that was in shít and falling apart.

Bouncer: What am I supposed to do with that!?

To which he replies sharply: Read it, if you can...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Hope you have better attitude than most of the bouncers in around Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Bill-e wrote: »
    One of the lads went up to a bouncer with an I.D that was in shít and falling apart.

:D Good one.....must remember that, next time I'm stopped
    by the Gardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

What companies are the best to work for or is it all in house security?

Esse85 wrote: »
    What companies are the best to work for or is it all in house security?

One of the companies with the most business would be Express Security. They are quite good, but work ****e piles like Mangans and if you get detailed there you can't change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Bill-e wrote: »

Ugh I had an old ID on me and the bouncer at G2 refused to let me in,despite leaving 12 underagers in just before me!

Seloth wrote: »
    Ugh I had an old ID on me and the bouncer at G2 refused to let me in,despite leaving 12 underagers in just before me!

No offence but do you look like someone who would get turned away? I have never had trouble getting in there, even when blind drunk, the only people I have seen them turn away are the whole wah boy posse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I know what your on about and in no way am I:(

They left people in that would look it alright,which ticked me off abit.He claimed my ID was too out of date despite only being so for a month.I even went ahead to say I'd get a Gard to clarify it was me.I'd never ahd trouble with that passport until that night and never again after.Ah well o halloween I'm using my new passport so If I get rejected from freak scene with that I'll actually demand ofr the manager:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anyone know if there's vacancies anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ya infairness if I could get steady work I'd do some bouncing, not on the door though inside like.... keeping the peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Security is gone very quite recently,As with everything people are drinking at home more and nighclubs and pubs are trying to cut costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

If you have your licence, Id say just call to bars and clubs and ask them about work. They will all be busy coming up to Christmas so will need extra staff, Good Luck!!

Advertisement