Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Since I've changed to UPC broadband Xbox Live is not playable

• 07-10-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

The Lag is so bad that I dont even play online anymore

and it's not just the Xbox, PC games and the Wii too are also gone VERY laggy

I have the setup where by the TV,Phone and Net come off the one cable

anyone else having these issues?

here's the ping output from google:
    C:\>ping www.google.ie

Pinging www.l.google.com [209.85.229.103] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 209.85.229.103: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.85.229.103: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.85.229.103: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.85.229.103: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 209.85.229.103:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 44ms, Maximum = 45ms, Average = 44ms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Its more than likely latency your experiencing. Your old ISP probably routed closer to your usuall game servers. Where are the servers your using? Best thing to do would be ping the ip of the server your using to verify.

Bad part is if it is routing there is not a lot than can be done its just network construction. You should also try using a local game server to see if that helps. The ping time to google is good but its only going to let you know if there is a generally high ping on the line which there isnt.

If you dont know the ip of the game servers your using connect the help section of the game and ask for the ip and a recommended server to use from there on in.

It could also be a router issue? Did you get one from them? Have you configged the router if so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Make sure your router is using Open NAT. I know the Netgears UPC provided have the option to switch between Open and Strict. Xbox Live! needs an open one to function correctly. I don't know about the Cisco routers, should you have one of those.

Advertisement