Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WANTED: Road Racer for beginner

• 08-10-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

`Evening all, I'm interested in getting a road bike but don't want to break the bank on it as I'm currently unemployed so will have to dig into my savings.

Anything up to €500 would be good and something that would fit my size which is 6' 3".

Anybody out there looking to get rid of a bike like that has my attention!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

If you can find a '09 model Giant Defy 4 in XL that would come in at budget. Unfortunately if the '10 model is all you can find due to gearing price increases the bike will be closer to e600 so you'll have to save a little longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I was out at Mr. Skeffingtons yesterday, getting some tips and advice about bikes, styles, and second hand dangers. I came away thinking I'd be much better off taking the plunge and buying a Defy 4 for myself. I'm in the same boat, recently unemployed, so €600 is a lot of money for me, but at least you'll have 12 months peace of mind with a new bike.

I'm looking for a small, to maybe a medium, as I'm a short arse legged newbie. D'you think we could get a group discount if two or three where bought together?

Advertisement